Author Topic: a suggestion/improvement  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Russell

• Multiple posting newcomer
a suggestion/improvement
« on: September 09, 2006, 01:57:44 pm »
Hi, my name is Russell and I've been using this IDE for a few months now and I absolutely love it.
I think its the best IDE I've ever used and I will continue to use it. :)

So far I've been using the nightly builds and I think they're absolutely fantastic and so much more
improved compared to rc2.

I have a suggestion too, Is it possible to have global workspace targets? like if I have a huge
amount of projects in a workspace, I usually have to activate each of them and set each one
to the target manually (either debug or release in my case) in order to build a certain type of
workspace.

Also, I noticed that one of the devs (Ceniza) is here, he might recognize me from an old
channel I go on :)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: a suggestion/improvement
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:10:52 am »
Hi Russell :D

I'mn't sure if something in the workspace internals has changed to support that in some other way, I think not, but it tries to be smart (keep reading) :wink:

Let's say you have a workspace with 5 projects, and every project has two targets: Debug and Release. Change the "Build target" in any project to Debug and click Build -> Build workspace. If you check the output it has built target Debug for all the 5 projects. Now change the "Build target" to Release and click Build -> Rebuild workspace. Now the output will show you it rebuilt target Release for all the 5 projects.

BTW, a big HELLO to anyone who remembers me, and don't hate me, in that old channel :D

Offline Russell

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: a suggestion/improvement
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 02:24:47 am »
Hey ;)

Yeah, I usually do it that way, unfortunately, 1 of the projects has both a console and a gui version, which I have
had to create 4 targets for: Release, Release console, Debug, Debug console.
Not entirely sure if there is another way about this in CB, but if you can suggest one, that would be ideal (kinda
confuzzled at the moment :P)

EDIT: it seems virtual targets might do the trick, it would be kind of cool to have a global workspace target to set
the certain target for all projects however.
Another thing I noticed when I created the virtual targets, here is the layout.
Targets:
Code
[b]All:[/b]
Release-GUI
Release-CON
Debug-GUI
DEBUG-CON
[b]Release:[/b]
Release-GUI
Release-CON
[b]Debug:[/b]
Debug-GUI
Debug-CON
In the target selection box, I ended up with the virtual targets PLUS the standard targets
Just wondering if there is a way to hide the real targets (seems kind of silly, since someone
might only want to build the console version, but it makes that combobox box a little cleaner)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:44:31 am by Russell »