Author Topic: The 06 september 2006 build is out.  (Read 19075 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 september 2006 build is out.
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:51:33 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 06 September 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060906_rev2956_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060906_rev2956_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060906_rev2956_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• CodeCompletion Toolbar : when cursor outside any function, function choice control should not have a selection

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:07:09 pm by killerbot »

walker

Re: The 06 september 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:22 pm »
the height of the search box in Management>Symbols tab was fixed in Sep4 build.
 the height in this build is higher than it should be.

also, the search box doesn't work. in Windows

thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:38:51 pm by walker »

walker

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:33:37 pm »
more suggestions
1. for the symbols view. it might be better to separate the member variables and member functions
2. it will be great if editor supports splitting window as in a way as implemented in microsoft word
3. make the code completion combox resizable

great work!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:32:03 pm by walker »

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:39:13 am »
The debugger toolbar is lost!
I deleted the layout section in default.conf, at some point since the new toolbar was added, and have not been able to find the debugger toolbar since.

Using:
Version 1.0 revision 2957 (2006-09-06 13:20:17)   gcc 4.1.1 Windows/unicode
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline nix_BB

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 07:00:35 am »
2. it will be great if editor supports splitting window as in microsoft word

The editor already supports splitting, simply right click on the document you wish to split and select 'Split view...', and your choice of a horizontal or vertical split. To restore a view right click on the view then click on 'Split view...'->'Unsplit'

Just remember that if you do not get a reply with regard to your other requests then you should add them to the berlios feature requests.

walker

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 01:29:18 pm »
2. it will be great if editor supports splitting window as in microsoft word

The editor already supports splitting, simply right click on the document you wish to split and select 'Split view...', and your choice of a horizontal or vertical split. To restore a view right click on the view then click on 'Split view...'->'Unsplit'

Just remember that if you do not get a reply with regard to your other requests then you should add them to the berlios feature requests.
yes, I know a window can be splitted that way, I mean, like in MS word, drag the top of the scroll-bar to split the window. seems that is a "standard" way to split a window, as in many other applications.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 02:35:10 pm »
yes, I know a window can be splitted that way, I mean, like in MS word, drag the top of the scroll-bar to split the window. seems that is a "standard" way to split a window, as in many other applications.

This is not MS Word...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Hardi

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:40:42 pm »
Is it a bug?

Whenever I press some tab characters when on a new clean line and when I save, the cursor goes to the beginning of the row (but it should stay in it's position). It will stay in it's position if the cursor is beyond some characters like an if statement for example.

I hope you understood, if not, I can bring a more clearer example.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:48:20 pm »
Is it a bug?

No it's not.
Uncheck "Settings->Editor->Strip trailing blanks".
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 06:31:59 pm »

This is not MS Word...

But we have Blocky......

:lol:

(No I didn't make the screnny thomas did)

Offline Blue-Tiger

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 06:45:14 pm »
*NEVER MIND THIS POST, IT WAS MADE BY MISTAKE*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:47:07 pm by Blue-Tiger »

walker

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 07:02:17 pm »

This is not MS Word...

But we have Blocky......

haha, interesting,
my personal 2c, it is better to make the GUI more intuitive, more convenient and less learning time.
it is nothing wrong to copy a good feature from other application.  many examples out there.
just a user's feedback and suggestion. 

this is a great work, hope this open-source project goes on and becomes better and better,  dev-c++ was a good competitor, very sadly, its development has stopped
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:04:15 pm by walker »

Encryptor

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 07:09:50 pm »
wow, I have never seen Blocky in C::B on Linux.. :shock: Do I have to install a plugin or activate an existing plugin or smth?

sethjackson

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 08:14:03 pm »
wow, I have never seen Blocky in C::B on Linux.. :shock: Do I have to install a plugin or activate an existing plugin or smth?

ROFLOL  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It isn't a plugin. Thomas made it (thomas I assume you drew it)?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 08:36:36 pm »

Blocky was deprecated before 1.0Rc2 because thomas received a cist and decease letter from MacroHard Corp stating that the charicature could be confused with their Plunge Cob Spare Pants Helper plugin.

Plunge Cob spits abuse and sarcasm to users making simple syntax and spelling errors in C++, thereby making Blocky too close a copy to their app.

Sorry

Encryptor

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 01:57:46 am »
:lol: I didn't read Blocky's message till the end :))
i'm being slow these days for some reason  :? too much beer i guess :P

blokley

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 11:12:15 am »
Tried to "Submit A Bug" but
 1) I don't classify these as bugs and
 2) Couldn't post as I don't have some "developer account" or something..

So here it goes:
 - I tend to use darker-than-normal window background color and Code::Blocks (this nightly build) doesn't read the color with which some of it's interface's text is written with, thus I end up with hard-to-see button labels..(I attached an example.) Could this be fixed or are those colors already changeable ? (I've had to resort to using "Visual Studio" tabs style)

- And here is a question: Why does Code::Blocks build?(doesn't produce executables though nor error messages when there is incorrect code) the project when I load one? RC2 only builds it when I ask it to do it.

PS. Hopefully this is in correct place as the whole thread about "Help > Code::Blocks SVN (in-development version)" is "empty".

[attachment deleted by admin]