Author Topic: Typedef scope from header files for symbol list  (Read 3236 times)

Offline BrianSidebotham

• Multiple posting newcomer
Typedef scope from header files for symbol list
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:52:15 pm »
Hi All,

I am evaluating code::blocks to see if we could use it as an editor for our embedded software projects. It seems like a great editor so far!

I have one question though. Most of my typedefs for structures (This is all C code, no C++) are contained in header files. It seems like the symbol list is only gained from the source files, and the header files are not scanned for structure definitions.

Is there anything I could do to get the symbol browser to check the header files for typedefs?

We use make files exclusively. The current build version will not let me do this as the build method drop down is disabled. Is there a method of forcing code::blocks to use a makefile? It would be good to have an option in the compiler list of Use custom makefile.

The editor is great, its certainly powerful, and that makes life a lot easier considering I use structures for everything and am forever forgetting the pre-processor definitions I have too. Great Work!

Offline BrianSidebotham

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Typedef scope from header files for symbol list
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:09:10 pm »
Sorry, I should be a bit more specific:

I've had a look at the makefile problem and it appears that now the use custom makefile does use the make program specified for the compiler, however, it always uses cleandefault rather than my edited command lines under Project | Properties | Project Build Options | Make commands

I'm using the latest build 1.0 2924

Best Regards,

Brian Sidebotham