Author Topic: launching cbp file hangs  (Read 4512 times)

BentFX

launching cbp file hangs
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:47:05 am »
Just wondering if this is a known issue, or something wrong with my setup.

When I launch C::B with a project file name on the command line, it never comes clear up... main window opens, but never finishes drawing... Then it hangs, using 100% CPU.

Linux, wxGTK

Any Ideas???
----------------------
edit...

I tracked it down to the code completion plug-in. If it isn't set to load, everything works fine.

Move along folks, move along... nothing to see here! :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:11:16 am by BentFX »

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
Re: launching cbp file hangs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:01:55 am »
I have the same problem in Ubuntu 6.06 when I right-click on a .cbp in Nautilus and choose "Open with Code::Blocks..." - I expect it amounts to the same thing - opening Code::Blocks with a command line parameter.

BentFX

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:21:09 am »
Thanx for the confirmation. I'm on a Linux From Scratch machine, so it is almost expected that mine will do wierd things, that noone elses does.

I disabled the code completion. I can't get any satisfaction out of running it anyway :)

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:56:31 am »
I think you are referring to the same thing as post here:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3953.msg31180#msg31180

I've got the same problem using Ubuntu 6.06 with wx2.6.3. I have another machine with the Ubuntu wx deb (2.6.1) and I haven't been able to get the freeze with that. The freeze up seems random too. I've gotten it when opening a project from the start screen, adding a source file, saving a file and after compiling a project.

BentFX

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 06:21:50 am »
Nah, this is a different thing...

In the thread you linked he was getting the hang on every file he opened, and CPU goes to near 0.
After I open ANY from my already existing projects, atfer the parser thread finish (cpu usage falling to nearly zero) the C::B enter an INFINITE LOOP with hourglass cursor.
I only have the problem when opening files from the command line, with code completion enabled. And my cpu goes to 100%.

you said...
I've gotten it when opening a project from the start screen, adding a source file, saving a file and after compiling a project.
It's a different thing... My C::B is pretty darn solid from the sound of things. I don't get random dumps, or lockups. But the hangup I reported here is always in the same place, doing the same stuff. It is very repeatable, and by disabling code completion, it is solved.

Thanx for linking that thread though! I'll watch it closely before going out and grabbing the new build.

Offline feisal

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 10:59:04 pm »
I can confirm also that with r2936, enabling code completion causes C::B to hang.  Turning off code completion  solves the problem.
This problem did not exist in r2879.
Fedora Core 5 with wx2.6.3, gcc 4.1.1

-Feisal