Author Topic: The 31 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 45120 times)

Kreso

Re: The 31 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 11:08:27 am »
  • CodeCompletion toolbar added which allows to jump to functions of the current editor and also tracks in which function your cursor is (view->toolbars->codecompletion)
Wow, COOL! This is feature I waited so long! Thanks!!! :D

agreed!

I say, hip hip, hoooray! for the development team :)

Alturin

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 01:48:01 pm »
*Cheer*
Jay for the devs!
C::B is becomming more and more everything I want from an IDE, you guys are great!

Offline wvdakker

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 01:53:21 pm »
Still one thing is missing .....  :( SVN integration....  :?

But C:B is an excellent piece of work...  :P

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 01:54:37 pm »
wait for now the most important thing is to release RC3 and final for now

isn't that right

marfig

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 02:28:17 pm »
It sure seems close.
My guess is that you good people went far more ahead of what you thought at first when it was initially announced. Which is good, if someone asks me. There is no hurry when the constant development is widely available through working nightly builds.

There is only one thing I'm missing in C::B. The ability to view two different files in split view.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 02:52:06 pm »
There is only one thing I'm missing in C::B. The ability to view two different files in split view.

it's a good idea

Alturin

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »
I tried out the code-completion bar thingy, and it's so fast! Great!
Only thing, what's with the greyed-out bar left of the other one? Do the global functions go there? If so, how do I turn that on?

What would be a superb improvement is the ability to type in the first part of the function's name in that toolbar, like in symbol view, save for that, it's supberb!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 04:15:29 pm »
I tried out the code-completion bar thingy, and it's so fast! Great!
Only thing, what's with the greyed-out bar left of the other one? Do the global functions go there? If so, how do I turn that on?

What would be a superb improvement is the ability to type in the first part of the function's name in that toolbar, like in symbol view, save for that, it's supberb!

the left bar wil be enabled inthe future and will have the following functionality :

1) it tracks the class (and namespace) of the method the cursor is in (now : it's class OR if no class it shows the namespace)
2) if you select an entry from it, that will act as a filter on the possible selections in the right choice control, and once you click again in the editor it goes back to normal usage showing all entries

Last-Attacker

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 09:33:07 pm »
I saw with code completion that it no longer brings up the member list list-box for wxWidgets class member and methods (when you type '.' or '->' after a widget object such as a wxStatusBar object).
It works well with the local project classes, etc. but I really like (and need) it to bring up the libraries' classes that you've included into your project. It also seems not to include the std classes like std::vector for the member list list-box.

EDIT:
I left the IDE for a couple of minutes (like 10  :wink: ) and it's not like the parser didn't have enough time to look it up I believe.
But I also saw that classes inheriting from libraries's classes is picked up (code-completion) but only the members and methods that are defined for your class.

The scope thing seems to work ok though.
Good job also with the other code completion additions!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:38:44 pm by Last-Attacker »

Offline Phatency

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 10:32:20 pm »
I can't open symbols browser anymore. It simply does not open. I've tried fresh-installing cb with no luck.
Version 1.0 revision 2936 ()   gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode
WinXP SP2

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 10:56:47 pm »
I can't open symbols browser anymore. It simply does not open. I've tried fresh-installing cb with no luck.
WinXP SP2

Same thign appeared to happen to me too. But it was docked by default as a tab in the project manager. I had to set it to be a free floating window again, and I docked it back the old way.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

PDEE

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 11:17:51 pm »
Same thign appeared to happen to me too. But it was docked by default as a tab in the project manager. I had to set it to be a free floating window again, and I docked it back the old way.

I never thought of undocking it  :) . I prefer it the old way aswell. Not enough room in the project manager place. Why was it moved?

Offline Phatency

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 11:21:00 pm »
WinXP SP2

Oh right, that's it, it's already tabbed :D Well, the view-menu certainly should do something when it's selected to avoid these kind of misunderstandings..

Actually, should it even be in the view-menu when it's not a dockable window, but a tab of manager instead?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:25:02 pm by Phatency »

takeshimiya

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 12:08:32 am »
Actually, should it even be in the view-menu when it's not a dockable window, but a tab of manager instead?

The real solution to all of this problem will come from wxAUI and "tear-able tabs". It's on the roadmap already.

If you don't know what "tear-able tabs" are, see it in action for example in wxIFM: http://snakesoft.net/wxifm/demo.zip

EDIT: and wxAUI tabs, http://www.kirix.com/res/aui/auitabs.exe

The thread is here: http://www.kirix.com/community/forums//viewtopic.php?t=169
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 12:55:02 am by Takeshi Miya »

takeshimiya

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 12:17:45 am »
About the wx2.6.2 vs. 2.6.3 toolbar size problems:

The problem is as follows. In wxWidgets 2.6.3, the toolbar's initial client size (when wxDefaultSize) is specified no longer is set to the toolbar's minimum acceptable size. This is slightly different behavior than 2.6.2.

To fix this problem, we added code that sets toolbar initial toolbar sizes to whatever wxToolBar::GetBestSize() returns. Unfortunately, the size that is being returned by the class is too small (vertically). I don't know why.

At any rate, the way to get around this is to do your own wxToolBar::GetBestSize() call, then specify this size on your AddPane call with the BestSize parameter, while at the same time increasing the y parameter by the number of missing pixels.

I hope that wxToolBar::GetBestSize() on win32 can be fixed soon.

Either that, or you can check out the code that is doing the wrong calculation. It's called from wxAUI 0.9.2 on line 1293.

All the best,
Ben