Author Topic: The 31 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 45127 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 31 august 2006 build is out.
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:46 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 31 August 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060831_rev2936_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060831_rev2936_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060831_rev2936_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• CodeCompletion toolbar added which allows to jump to functions of the current editor and also tracks in which function your cursor is (view->toolbars->codecompletion)
  • Symbols browser now keeps the special folders with globals on top, when sorting
  • Symbols browser doesn't display container tokens (namespaces, classes, enums) in the bottom list
  • Fixed bug in symbols browser which would show a + in front of classes even if no children (especially when option to show inheritance is enabled)
  • Each of the special folders (globals) in the symbols browser is coloured gray if it contains no tokens
  • Fixed (improved) "current file's symbols" symbols browser's view filter
  • Build options -> "Project/Target change with changed settings" dialog changed to AnnoyingDialog
  • compilergcc - "Abort Build" : for WXMSW only : write logmessage before skipping the rest of the logstream,
      it can take a while, until gcc stops the actual build. no change for Linux build
  • batchbuild log window auto-closes even when an error occurred during the build,
      if the option --no-batch-window-close was not given

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:37:37 pm by killerbot »

Offline kelo81

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 31 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:32:47 pm »
Hello everybody, I remarqued that since yesterday the "there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)" dissapeared from the "Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:" list.
My question is: Is the Code Completion now 100% stable?, if that's the case, I will be very very happy!! (the point is that I didn't have the time to test it myself).
Anyway, congratulations!!!!!  :D
Ezequiel Ruiz
Tango/04 consultant
www.tango04.com

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:05 pm »
Hello everybody, I remarqued that since yesterday the "there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)" dissapeared from the "Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:" list.
My question is: Is the Code Completion now 100% stable?, if that's the case, I will be very very happy!! (the point is that I didn't have the time to test it myself).
Anyway, congratulations!!!!!  :D

very well noticed. Yes, I think we can say Code Completion has improved very very much. There are still some limitations to the parser, still some bugs in the parser. But every day some of these bugs are getting squashed. People, really, try out the code completion. If you have some problems, please try to isolate them in litlle projects you can give to use for debugging.

nzoltan

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 11:55:47 pm »
svn:2936

After I open ANY from my already existing projects, atfer the parser thread finish (cpu usage falling to nearly zero) the C::B enter an INFINITE LOOP with hourglass cursor.

nzoltan

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 12:06:04 am »
Edit->Show call tip (Shift+Ctrl+Space) menu is it done?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 12:10:26 am »
After I open ANY from my already existing projects, atfer the parser thread finish (cpu usage falling to nearly zero) the C::B enter an INFINITE LOOP with hourglass cursor.

Although you give no info at all, I know this is a bug of the linux version. I hadn't had the time to look into it yet, but will do this weekend.

How do you expect this to work when the IDE freezes?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

nzoltan

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 12:35:17 am »
Although you give no info at all, I know this is a bug of the linux version. I hadn't had the time to look into it yet, but will do this weekend.

I use the C::B on Fedora Core 4. up to r2921 C::B nigthly build did works fine for me.

How do you expect this to work when the IDE freezes?

This is just a question because the "cc redisign" entry is removed from the red list on the top of this page, and beacuse I can`t try this at moment because the IDE freezes. :)

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 01:46:16 am »
Incorrect combobox drawing within toolbars under Windows 2000 is known problem, but unfortunately with this release it becomes somehow more annoying: screenshot (CodeCompletion toolbar is heavily affected). You may add this one to "Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs" list if you feel it feasible.

There is also some quite funny bug with Symbols browser when you turn on "Show inherited members". If there is a class (say ClassA) that has some inheritance relation with other class (ClassB), then it's possible to expand tokens like this: ClassA->Base classes->ClassB->Derived classes->ClassA->Base classes->ClassB->Derived classes->ClassA... etc up to infinity. This one is not platform specific though. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:49:52 am by squizzz »
this space is for rent

Offline yaustar

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 02:29:57 am »
Incorrect combobox drawing within toolbars under Windows 2000 is known problem, but unfortunately with this release it becomes somehow more annoying: screenshot (CodeCompletion toolbar is heavily affected). You may add this one to "Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs" list if you feel it feasible.
I have that problem as well. Seems to be fine on XP but my 2000 machine it looks exactly the same as the screenshot above even though they are the same build.

Build: Jun 23 2006, 19:44:03 - wx2.6.3(Windows, unicode)

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 07:50:02 am »
I have exactly the same problem here.
It exists since several months.

But, like mandrav say:
Be patient!

I hope  :D

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:53 am »
Is there anyone here who is running win2000 and builds C::B from source?
It's hard to fix this annoying display bug without having access to this OS...
Be patient!

Offline nix_BB

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 09:25:15 am »
I have a machine running 2000 and can build from source- If you have any particular instructions I'll be happy to help. I'll not be available for the next 7 hours, but after that I'm all yours.  :wink: :oops:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 09:51:56 am »
I have a machine running 2000 and can build from source- If you have any particular instructions I'll be happy to help. I'll not be available for the next 7 hours, but after that I'm all yours.  :wink: :oops:

Great news!
When you have everything setup (C::B built from source and up'n'running), PM me :).
Be patient!

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 10:16:16 am »
Mandrav, you can test it by yourself by removing the manifest file under windows XP :)
BTW, the same problem exists under windows 98 and ME.

PMike

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 10:25:25 am »
  • CodeCompletion toolbar added which allows to jump to functions of the current editor and also tracks in which function your cursor is (view->toolbars->codecompletion)
Wow, COOL! This is feature I waited so long! Thanks!!! :D
PS. It works even with namespaces 8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:57:38 am by PMike »