Author Topic: The 31 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 45122 times)

Offline severach

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 31 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 08:45:31 am »
Bug: When you first run CB, you get a compiler box. If you select one, you get a [Default] button. If you select several ... wait, how could you set several compilers to the default? That listbox shouldn't be multiselect.

Bug: When importing old projects, they must be detected by compiler number. Now that VS 2005 has been inserted, all compilers below that are now shifted by one. For example, my Borland C++ 5.5 projects are switched to VS 2005.

Configuration things that still need fixing with some excerpts from my C::B 1.0 RC2 .reg file:

The Platform SDK isn't detected and automatically added to the MSVT 2003 bin, include, lib, and resource-include folders. You might also add the %SDK%\Bin\win64 folder to the MSVT 2003 bin folder to cover up the CVTRES and LIB bug as described in the wiki. VS 2005 does get the SDK folders auto added so copy that code.

Borland-C++ 5.5: You are still using brcc32.exe which is completely defective and compiles very few modern .rc files. Please change it to the one in the SDK if available. Copy the command line from MSVT 2003.
"res_compiler"="c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK\\Bin\\RC.Exe"
"Compile Win32 resource file"="$rescomp $res_includes -fo$resource_output $file"

Borland-C++ 5.5: Link to Dynamic Library is a non working command line. This is as close as I can get. The .BCDEF file needs to be created manually and should in the future be created by Code::Blocks.
"Link object files to dynamic library"="$linker -Tpd $link_options $libdirs c0d32 $link_objects, $exe_output,, $libs,$exe_output.BCDEF, $link_resobjects"

DMC: The included RC compiler is no good. Use the same one as MSVT and BC above if available.
DMC: The SDK include & resource (not lib) should be added to the DMC folders.
Neither linker line works at all.
"Link object files to executable"="$compiler -L/subsystem:windows -WA -mn $link_options $link_objects -o $exe_output $libs $link_resobjects"
"Link object files to dynamic library"="$compiler -L/subsystem:windows -WD -mn $link_options $link_objects -o $exe_output $libs $link_resobjects"

OWC: Compiler Options: -3s. Noone is expecting register calling and Windows OWC libraries don't support it.
Linker: link386.exe
Since OpenWatcom and Borland-C produce exports names so far outside of the norm, the BCDEF file needs to be created to keep them in line.
"Link object files to dynamic library"="$linker -nologo -dll -out:$exe_output $libs $link_objects -def:$exe_output.BCDEF"

My command lines aren't perfect but they are a functional improvement over what is mostly non functional.

Offline nix_BB

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 08:46:23 am »
The following code based on Takeshi's post has no effect, although I'm not sure if I've put it in the correct place. :P

Hopefully Mandrav will get out of bed soon and help figure this out. :D

Code
bool CodeCompletion::BuildToolBar(wxToolBar* toolBar)
{
    wxSize sz;

Manager::Get()->AddonToolBar(toolBar,_T("codecompletion_toolbar"));
    m_Function = XRCCTRL(*toolBar, "chcCodeCompletionFunction", wxChoice);
    m_Scope = XRCCTRL(*toolBar, "chcCodeCompletionScope", wxChoice);
    m_Scope->Disable();
    toolBar->Realize();

// Trying to fix toolbar hSize bug
    sz = toolBar->GetBestSize();
    sz.x += 30;
    toolBar->SetBestFittingSize(sz);

return true;
}

EDIT: Ok I was fiddeling in the wrong place.... The following code yeilds results but does not fix the bug. It merely shows an additional 30 pixels of the toolbar- hence the problem lies in GetBestSize. Anyone know another method of determinnig the minimum size of a toolbar?

Code
void MainFrame::DoAddPluginToolbar(cbPlugin* plugin)
{
    wxSize size = m_SmallToolBar ? wxSize(16, 16) : wxSize(22, 22);
    wxToolBar* tb = new wxToolBar(this, -1, wxDefaultPosition, size, wxTB_FLAT | wxTB_NODIVIDER);
    tb->SetToolBitmapSize(size);
    if (plugin->BuildToolBar(tb))
    {
        SetToolBar(0);
        wxSize sz;
        sz = tb->GetBestSize ();
        sz.x+=30;
        sz.y++;
        tb->SetBestFittingSize(sz);

}
}

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 09:21:09 am by nix_BB »

Offline sque

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 08:51:34 am »
svn:2936

After I open ANY from my already existing projects, atfer the parser thread finish (cpu usage falling to nearly zero) the C::B enter an INFINITE LOOP with hourglass cursor.

I can confirm same bug from a clean svn rebuild. (2937)
Tell me a bug and I 'll tell you two  :twisted:

Offline Kazade

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 10:32:07 am »
I'm having lots of problems with the last 2 builds, I've had to downgrade to the build of the 29th August (and even then C::B crashes when I save as I mentioned before)

With the builds of the 30th and 31st C::B is crashing after about 10 seconds, I cant find a common cause it will just either, lock up with a timer, or in the case of the 31st build, send me into an infinite loop of debug crash handler windows all of which are also frozen.

It might be something to do with the symbols browser being integrated into the tabbed left bar as it only moved to there on the build of the 30th, downgrading to the 29th put it back where it was and I get no more unexplained crashes.

When is C::B going to go into a feature freeze and just focus on bug-fixes? It already has enough features for version 1 IMO far more than any other free IDE. The more features added just add more bugs and reduces stability, don't get me wrong I love C::B and the work you guys do is amazing, but it might be time to focus on bugs rather than features.

Luke.

Offline Kazade

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 10:44:17 am »
On other thing, I don't know if its just me, but the fonts in C::B aren't anti-aliased, is there a way to turn this on? I'm running on Kubuntu.  I've tried changing the font settings to match those in Kate, but the text is still blocky and I cant tell the difference between a . and , or : and ; which is really frustrating.

Alturin

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 10:52:48 am »
If I read the board right, the CodeCompletion upgrade wasn't done by the usualy C::B devs, but some cool guy with way too much skills and time ^^.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 11:01:34 am »
If I read the board right, the CodeCompletion upgrade wasn't done by the usualy C::B devs, but some cool guy with way too much skills and time ^^.

Well, you read wrong.
The cool-guy-with-way-too-much-skills-and-time has provided a different standalone implementation (i.e. not a C::B plugin).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Kazade

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 11:12:20 am »
On other thing, I don't know if its just me, but the fonts in C::B aren't anti-aliased, is there a way to turn this on? I'm running on Kubuntu.  I've tried changing the font settings to match those in Kate, but the text is still blocky and I cant tell the difference between a . and , or : and ; which is really frustrating.

I fixed this, I realised that the same thing was happening to other GTK programs.. it is a bug in KDE, if anyone else experiences this.. in the KDE font settings change General to any other font than the current one, apply, and then change it back again.

Alturin

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 11:50:36 am »

Well, you read wrong.
The cool-guy-with-way-too-much-skills-and-time has provided a different standalone implementation (i.e. not a C::B plugin).

Heh, that makes you a cool-guy-with-way-too-much-skills-and-time too then? But I guess we already knew that ;P

[EDIT]
I found this in the change logs:
* Added handling of #if[[n]def] preprocessor blocks in code-completion's parser. Currently it accepts the #if part and ignores from the #el[se|if] (if it exists) up to the #endif. The special case "#if 0" will be handled later.

Does the fact that it ignores the #el[se|if] currently cause this (file is here)?

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 12:24:55 pm by Alturin »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 12:51:31 pm »
Bug: When you first run CB, you get a compiler box. If you select one, you get a [Default] button. If you select several ... wait, how could you set several compilers to the default? That listbox shouldn't be multiselect.
fixed

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 01:17:13 pm »
[EDIT]
* Added handling of #if[[n]def] preprocessor blocks in code-completion's parser. Currently it accepts the #if part and ignores from the #el[se|if] (if it exists) up to the #endif. The special case "#if 0" will be handled later.

Does the fact that it ignores the #el[se|if] currently cause this (file is here)?

[/EDIT]

Yes, and I 've fixed it (not committed yet).
Be patient!

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2006, 01:52:59 pm »
sorry if this alredy known bug. i start cb, go to fullscreen mode and open script console:

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 01:56:56 pm »
hey and can someone  make plugin for visual c++ settings(.vssettigs) import? it can be nice thx :)

Alturin

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 10:18:42 pm »
[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

Yes, and I 've fixed it (not committed yet).

My guess'd be you haven't had the time to commit it yet? It'd be really great if this was fixed  :)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006, 12:06:31 am »
My guess'd be you haven't had the time to commit it yet? It'd be really great if this was fixed

This fix is part of another bigger patch which needs a lot of testing before committing... It will come, don't worry ;).
Be patient!