Author Topic: The 24 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 17794 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 24 august 2006 build is out.
« on: August 24, 2006, 11:43:41 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 24 August 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060824_rev2892_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060824_rev2892_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060824_rev2892_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed broken code-completion parsing of last few days, manifested by displaying the same symbol multiple times (and as a namespace) in the symbols view

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:31:55 am by killerbot »

Offline Sagrer

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 24 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 01:42:04 am »
"this->" code completion is not fixed... in topic about build from 23 august - it was something about that "this->" is a bad design..... is it mean that "this->" will never show code comletion's list with class's members and this is not a bug?

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 04:44:18 am »
is it mean that "this->" will never show code comletion's list with class's members and this is not a bug?

At my own opinon we could argue about that, If this-> is needfull or not. I think it does not matter for an IDE.
If an IDE does not implement code-completiton like this and say indirect ("hey guys it is bad design If you want to use it") the IDE patronize it users like Microsoft Software do.

Code::Blocks should not patronize things like that to its users!

riverbird

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 05:39:49 am »
Everyone,I have a problem ,and I can't do it .when I complie a wxWidget program,the C::B display a message that "wx\setup,No such file or directory",And I can't do it ,if you can do it ,please tell me,thank you very very very much!

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 06:46:03 am »
It is a wxWidgets specific problem. Please use its forum.

Look at wxWidgets/BuildCVS.txt

copy (for example; depends on the system you want to build) wxWindows/include/wx/msw/setup0.h
to wxWindows/include/wx/msw/setup.h
and wxWindows/include/wx/setup.h

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:28:26 am »
Still getting random shutdown crashes and I have no clue what it is. The last working build for me was on the 19th.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

bigbug

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:37:37 am »
"this->" code completion is not fixed... in topic about build from 23 august - it was something about that "this->" is a bad design..... is it mean that "this->" will never show code comletion's list with class's members and this is not a bug?
If you want the code completion to show members of a class inside itself, you can use the class' name with the scope resolution operator. Here's an example:
Code: cpp
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

class foo
{
public:
    foo(int bar = 4711) : m_bar(bar) {}

inline void show() const
    {
        cout << foo::m_bar << endl; // instead of this->m_bar
    }

private:
    int m_bar;
};

int main()
{
    foo f;
    f.show();
}

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:24 am »
there are cases where 'this->' is needed, some examples have already been given.

But be honest, in every other normal case people don't write code like that. Look around on the internet for code, you will see for yourself.

Maybe (and maybe not) Yiannis will implement also support for this-> (and while we are at it : *this.   :evil: ).
Just be patient, 1.5 weeks ago, code completion was totally broken, looks where it is now. This is an extreme improvement, let's not fuss about something like this-> .

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 08:59:16 am »
At my own opinon we could argue about that, If this-> is needfull or not. I think it does not matter for an IDE.
If an IDE does not implement code-completiton like this and say indirect ("hey guys it is bad design If you want to use it") the IDE patronize it users like Microsoft Software do.

Code::Blocks should not patronize things like that to its users!

I agree, Code::Blocks has also implemented more than one code styles, so why not implementing "this->".

But I also agree with killerbot, who knows where Yiannis is workin on ;)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 09:02:36 am »
Maybe (and maybe not) Yiannis will implement also support for this-> (and while we are at it : *this.   :evil: ).

It's already in the code :)

{
    // TODO: handle special keyword 'this'
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Jewe

• Fit Trainer
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:04 am »
Just be patient, 1.5 weeks ago, code completion was totally broken, looks where it is now. This is an extreme improvement, let's not fuss about something like this-> .

until then, Yiannis thanks for the work. :D
was able to work with it and my old BC 4.5 compiler.
Saved me a lot of time..

cheers,

Jewe
Anything curved in the hardware can be straighten with software :D
Compiler: mingw IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly WX: 2.8.0

Offline Outis

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 10:34:23 am »

It's already in the code :)

{
    // TODO: handle special keyword 'this'

Thanks! But I think it's more important to add more options for code-completion than supporting a rarely used keyword.
----
I worked a long time with Dev-C++ and there was no luxury like code-completion, so I'm glad it works at all.  :)

Offline Szabadember

• That's me!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 10:39:18 am »
The Copy Constructor is also not parsed correctly by Code Completition plugin! :(

Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 11:23:06 am »
I still have some problems with class browser. This time it is closing down one per 3-5 times I save changes. It happens quite often if you are adding new function to your class.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 11:49:19 am »
I still have some problems with class browser. This time it is closing down one per 3-5 times I save changes. It happens quite often if you are adding new function to your class.

I fixed all these bugs earlier. Please wait for tonight's nightly...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...