Author Topic: Can't start Codeblocks on Suse 10.1  (Read 3575 times)

kiliv

Can't start Codeblocks on Suse 10.1
« on: August 04, 2006, 08:21:59 pm »
I have been able to compile and install wxwidgets and codeblocks. When I start the program nothing seems to happen. When I start codeblocks in a shell I get following message :
codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As I assumed that the program couldn't find the library I have added it's path (/opt/wx/2.6/lib on my system) to $PATH. To no avail.

Help..

Kilian

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
Re: Can't start Codeblocks on Suse 10.1
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 11:58:42 pm »
The $PATH variable is only for paths that contain executables not libraries. For this create a text file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ that contains the path in which the libs are. The file has to end with .conf

Quote from: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opt_wxgtk.conf
/opt/wx/2.6/lib
Then run ldconfig as root and it will find the libs ;)

But one question: Why don't you use the wxGTK package that's shipped with suse ? You wouldn't have any problem (at least not this one) when using it.

Only selfcompile software if it's not available as package for your distri. Everything else can result in an unstable system :!:
Nightly builds for openSUSE

kiliv

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 09:26:36 am »
Thanks, simply works.

Well, it's a good question.. I am happy you asked it... etc.. But it is simply that I have been out of linux for 2 or 3 years and that I am not yet acquainted with the new installer stuff like yast. Just overlooked it. Stupid me.

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:31:51 am »
Thanks, simply works.

Well, it's a good question.. I am happy you asked it... etc.. But it is simply that I have been out of linux for 2 or 3 years and that I am not yet acquainted with the new installer stuff like yast. Just overlooked it. Stupid me.
Take a look at the Additional YaST Package Repositories wiki page on opensuse.org ;)
There are many repositories with nearly every software you need :D
Nightly builds for openSUSE