Author Topic: Plugin SDK package compatible with nightly build  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Jan van den Borst

• Multiple posting newcomer
Plugin SDK package compatible with nightly build
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:08:02 pm »
Hello
I want to look how to write plugins for c::b. However the sdk V1RC2 from the main website is incompatible with the latest nightly build.
How can I obtain a precompiled sdk package compatible with the latest nightly build?
I use Windows and mingw compiler.
Kind Regards
Jan

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Plugin SDK package compatible with nightly build
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:33:55 pm »
You can get the header files via Subversion access:
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk

Also, you will need ask Killerbot for his import libs if you don't want to go through the pain of extracting them from the dlls.

Another (possibly easier) option is to checkout the complete Code::Blocks source tree (not just the sdk subfolder), build Code::Blocks yourself, and use your own libs. These will likely not be binary-compatible to Killerbot's, but for development, that's not an issue.
This option has the advantage that you don't mess with your development version of Code::Blocks, so even if your plugin crashes and burns, you can still edit sources and compile without needing to move or delete any files (which can be quite annoying).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:47:43 pm »
Thanks, I'll do that
Kind regards
Jan

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »
have a look here on how it works : http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook

I think you might even understand it if I put it like this ( ;-) ) :
via deze link kom je te weten hoe de nightlies gebouwd worden : http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 05:22:51 pm »
Ok, so far so good.
Everything up and running. I have a debug problem debugging the plugin-dll.
I'm debugging the copystrings dll: attaching a running codeblocks.exe works fine however setting codeblocks.exe as host app results in a blocked gdb with message:

Breakpoint 1 (c:/codeblocks/src/plugins/contrib/copystrings/copystrings.cpp:80) pending.

No futher movement
Any ideas?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:30:17 pm »
    Breakpoint 1 (c:/codeblocks/src/plugins/contrib/copystrings/copystrings.cpp:80) pending.

No futher movement
Any ideas?

Let it continue. It will eventually start.
When you have pending breakpoints (as is always the case with plugins), gdb tries continuously to locate the symbol after each library (plugin) is loaded. This operation unfortunately is slow. Just give it some time...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...