Author Topic: wxSmith development  (Read 174614 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: wxSmith development
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2005, 04:21:43 am »
I guess it'll be committed when the CVS server goes back online :P (scheduled downtime)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2005, 11:49:52 am »
I've put all into CVS before server went down  8) It should be availale right now (server is responding) :D

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2005, 06:31:29 pm »
Finally I got the latest CVS running, and see the wxSmith with wxPropertyGrid , cool !  :shock:

And the resizing feature , cool!  :shock:

There are something I found out when I do some rough testing

1. The default selection for wxListBox and wxComboBox are missing   - I will look into it today

2. When I click radio button (Insert) at widgets pallete , it seems like going into an infinate loop.  - I will try to look into it later

I tested it yesterday midnight , have no time to look into the problem above.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2005, 10:36:52 pm »
Finally I got the latest CVS running, and see the wxSmith with wxPropertyGrid , cool !  :shock:

And the resizing feature , cool!  :shock:

There are something I found out when I do some rough testing

1. The default selection for wxListBox and wxComboBox are missing   - I will look into it today

2. When I click radio button (Insert) at widgets pallete , it seems like going into an infinate loop.  - I will try to look into it later

I tested it yesterday midnight , have no time to look into the problem above.

Thx for info - I'll se what's going on with all those bugs ;)

BTW. The default property - work in progress ;) It was inside standard properties window but I'll try to fix that soon.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2005, 08:07:34 pm »
I am coding a new widget wxBitMapButton , still in the progress to understand the wxSmith source with propgrid, hope to get it up as soon as possible.

byo , do I need to add a new property specially for the file path , or just leave it as string first ?

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2005, 12:05:22 am »
I am coding a new widget wxBitMapButton , still in the progress to understand the wxSmith source with propgrid, hope to get it up as soon as possible.

byo , do I need to add a new property specially for the file path , or just leave it as string first ?

Hi, there can be a problem with wxBitmapButton because wxSmith doesn't handle creating bitmaps yet. But maybe You'll add support for this ;) But remember to keep compatibility with original XRC structure :)

At the beginning I propose using simple string for bitmap because it's very probably that it will be changed in future.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2005, 02:03:30 am »
hi, I have coded the following but not commited to CVS (refer to attacehment)

One thing to mention in my development, wxradiobox is not derived from wxControlWithItems , therefore I could not make use of the existing stringlistproperty macro . Moreover , it has not Append Function , therefore , choices cannot be added dynamically.

I guess wxdatepickerctrl may have a default date attribute in XRC but I am not sure.
I try to use the DialogsBlocks and in their wxdatepickerctrl have a default value in the properties editor.

I am searching and reading the defintaion of XRC file format but seems like it is still not very clear for some of the controls.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 02:05:05 am by cyberkoa »

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2005, 11:27:51 am »
Hi, I've checked wxRadioBox already - it need additional properties to be created (I can take care of it). Hmm, can You commit these widgets with this crashable RadioBox ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Question
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2005, 05:19:55 pm »
If you notice in the XRC sourcecode, the handlers for the distinct classes do all the processing to create new objects. Why not use the xrc code in the first place (or at least copy from it)?

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2005, 01:33:07 am »
Hi, I've checked wxRadioBox already - it need additional properties to be created (I can take care of it). Hmm, can You commit these widgets with this crashable RadioBox ?

I shall commit to CVS later because the development PC is at my house and I am now at office.

I have modified .cbp to suit my development environment (wxwidgets folder name , the library folder name etc... )
maybe you need to add in those files in your project manually

Modified
=====
One more thing to mention , the spinctrl work fine but have a little problem , I try to look into the source code of wxSmith but could not find the cause (a bit complicated). I guess is the wxwidgets problem , the DoGetSize function in wx/msw/spinctrl.cpp maybe return the wrong position.

The problem is very simple , spinctrl consists of 1 spinbutton and 1 textbox  at the left .
When we select the spinctrl , the indication outline is drawn at the wrong position , which the left top corner at the left top corner of the spinbutton.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 01:38:35 am by cyberkoa »

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2005, 06:58:50 am »
I found that I could not commit to CVS  :(  the error message given by TortiseCVS is as below

In C:\projects\codeblocks\codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\defwidgets: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "add" "wxsdatepickerctrl.cpp" "wxsdatepickerctrl.h" "wxsradiobox.cpp" "wxsradiobox.h" "wxsradiobutton.cpp" "wxsradiobutton.h" "wxsscrollbar.cpp" "wxsscrollbar.h" "wxsspinbutton.cpp" "wxsspinbutton.h" "wxsspinctrl.cpp" "wxsspinctrl.h" "wxstreectrl.cpp" "wxstreectrl.h"
CVSROOT=:pserver:cyberkoa@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/codeblocks

cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository

Error, CVS operation failed

Steps that I do :

1. select those files that I would like to add to CVS
2. Right Click > CVS Add ...

Click OK

3. ===Starting processing ====  , error message show...

Could it because of the CVS access authority problem ? Or maybe I need to open certain port at my BroadBand Router/Firewall ..

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2005, 08:32:18 am »
AFAIK, sourceforge.net allows CVS-write access only with ssh-based authentication, but I could be wrong...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

zieQ

« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2005, 09:44:10 am »
No you are right. pserver is only for read-only access on sourceforge. Developer should use SSH. cyberkoa, make a patch to save your modification before the new ssh checkout ;)

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2005, 09:47:36 am »
o .. ok thanks .. here already midnight .. tomorrow evening I will get it done

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2005, 10:52:20 am »
One more thing to mention , the spinctrl work fine but have a little problem , I try to look into the source code of wxSmith but could not find the cause (a bit complicated). I guess is the wxwidgets problem , the DoGetSize function in wx/msw/spinctrl.cpp maybe return the wrong position.

The problem is very simple , spinctrl consists of 1 spinbutton and 1 textbox  at the left .
When we select the spinctrl , the indication outline is drawn at the wrong position , which the left top corner at the left top corner of the spinbutton.

I've found this problem already. It can be seen even in wxListBox - corners are shifted 1 or 2 pixels. As I remember there's event TODO in source code. I'll try to find a solution.

BTW. I have removed custom variables from my .cbp file - they're set up globally so I've no problem with different directories. So I propose to remove them from .cbp file