Author Topic: wxSmith development  (Read 174584 times)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
wxSmith development
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2005, 04:43:28 am »
Quote from: rickg22
Dunno, we need some brave warrior who dares compile C::B CVS with wx2.6. Thou shalt slay the red bug dragon! :P

hi rick,
do you want a compiled version of C::B using wx2.6 ?

i can upload it somewhere for you if you want.

but you also can easily build it yourself, following the readme-wx2.6.0,
i've done it and found no serious problems.
i'm using several installed versions of wx in parallel, and should finally update the wiki-section regarding this, as you requested from me.
sorry, but i didn't find time till now, but i promise it for the week-end.

-tiwag

[addendum]

i've just read:
Code
wxWidgets v2.6.1 has been released

This release is a major bug-fix release. Many bugs in almost every port have been fixed, including compilation and
GUI drawing problems.[/list:u]http://www.solidsteel.nl/users/wxwidgets/viewtopic.php?p=10367#10367

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2005, 06:31:42 am »
YAY! :D 'Bout time! Well the problem is that my mingw directory tree has the wx2.4 files... i have to see how to adapt it to compile with wx2.6.1. Maybe this weekend i'll have time to test (ugh, more hours of meddling with the settings and compiling).

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
wxSmith development
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2005, 08:24:56 am »
Quote from: rickg22
..Well the problem is that my mingw directory tree has the wx2.4 files...

i know that troubles, had the same in the past   :( .
That was the reason, why i figured out how to avoid this.  :D
i will prepare the description how you can easy have multiple wxwidgets-versions and/or several different setups in parallel  8)

if you want to have a quick solution, here
Build CodeBlocks wxmsw261
you can download the wxwidgets-build-batchfile
and an updated codeblocks project file for wxmsw 2.6.1.
for this config i've used : set WXDIR=D:\wx261

steps:

download wxmsw-2.6.1 and unzip it to WXDIR

copy the batchfile wxwidgets-build-batchfile to WXDIR
    (update the pathes if necessary)

run the wxwidgets-build-batchfile

check out a clean version of codeblocks from cvs

copy the codeblocks project file
    (update the include / lib pathes if necessary)

open the project and build codeblocks

run the update.bat

copy these files to your codeblocks "output" directory
    "D:\wx261\lib\gcc_dll\wxmsw26_gcc_cb.dll"
    "D:\wx261\lib\gcc_dll\wxmsw26_stc_gcc_cb.dll"

now you can run "output\codeblocks.exe"[/list:u]
Quote from: [edit]
for the unlikely case, that the above is too much for you,
you can download my binary version too
sorry, removed from web

enjoy
-tiwag

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
wxSmith development
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2005, 10:45:41 pm »
Quote from: byo

Hmm, Waiting for Your job :). But must say that some parts of code are not finished yet (f.ex. events sytem) and update of this code will be needed soon :).

Thx for Your interesting. Hmm, One of my idedas was to create RAD tyool which could be easily extended with new sets of widgets :).

It is my pleasure, in fact I learned a lot from reading your code  :D .  I have to admit that I am not able to write it from scratch but I try my best to add in some codes with my weak C++.  

Quote from: byo

http://www.geocities.com/jmsalli/propertygrid/ - it has already been done i think :). But need to wait for compatibility with wx 2.6. Hmm, maybe it has already been done, haven't read forum for some time  :oops:

Unfortunately, I tried to compile in wx-2.4.2 but failed. I did go in further to check the problem.

I already almost understand how to add in new code to support new widget , I shall start with
1. XML load
2. XML save

Still planning on writing the code for keeping the selection list for combobox.  Hope that I can at least load a combo box   :oops:

DreadNot

wxSmith development
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2005, 03:54:25 am »
I have also compiled with wx2.6 (actually, the only compile).  I have a separate project dir for wx outside mingw so that I can switch (if needed, as necessary).  The compile is much like tiwag describes. Updating to 2.6.1 now...

DreadNot

wxSmith development
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2005, 07:59:05 am »
OK.  All compiled and no place to go.  The wx2.6.1 compiled fine.  C::B set to use wx2.6.1 compiled fine.  wxSmith compiled fine.  However, I still see the same problem in the Workspace area--no workspace/project tree is displayed.

EDIT: See other recent post about the compile.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2005, 08:22:48 pm »
Hi, just want to update my status on trying to add combobox in the wxSmith.

I have start to write the code for wxComboBox , the XML loading code. I refer to other widgets's code to add in appropriate code in defwidgets.cpp/h, creating combobox.cpp/h . The most difficult part  is on the combobox selection .
  I have refer the help file bundled with wxWidgets 2.6.1 and found that wxComboxBox have 2 constructors , the main different is one of it use wxString choices[] and other use wxArrayString as selection.

I have decided to use the wxArrayString approach since it looks easier. After coding an special function to load selection to wxArrayString, and get ready to have a final compilation, the code could not compiled !!  Finally , I found out , in wxwidgets-2.4.2 , only have 1 constructor for wxcombo , I am refering to the latest documentation (2.6.1) to code , hahaha .. .
  Therefore , now is in the status to recode all in wxString choices []
 :cry:

One thing need to mention is , it seems like there is no engine (code) to allow the wxwidgets's properties to be edited by poping up another dialog , I believe in wxcombo's selection we need that. And in fact ,  a lot of cases we need that such as color selection.
  Maybe , it comes to a stage to upgrade the properties engine.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2005, 06:09:56 pm »
Another update .

I have managed to load a wxCombox and show on the design screen.
However, the combo box shows no item.  I have debugged in my code and confirm that I manage to load the items from the XML file.
  In BuidExtVars member function , I have created a new function to load a series of strings into a ArrayString.  I believe something have missed out.

byo , how is extra variables that defined in the BuildExtVars() be assigned to the widget creation function ? May you explain in short because I have read the source code but not so understand.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2005, 03:28:38 am »
Here is the screenshot for wxComboBox added.

Code that I have written

1. Loading from XRC file
2. Saving to XRC file

Function that still not done

1. Edit the list in the combo box , need the decision from byo on the revamp on the properties manager.

However, I found that there are a few strange thing
1. widget editor does not reponse to mouse click event
2. When I do a preview, the combobox does not contain anything but in the widget editor , I can see the list using the keyboard up/down cursor.

I shall look into the event handling for the widget editor soon.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2005, 01:34:29 am »
I have settle the problem that I mentioned previously
- widget editor does not reponse to mouse click event
-  When I do a preview, the combobox does not contain anything but in the widget editor , I can see the list using the keyboard up/down cursor.

However, there is still a minor problem on the mouse click event on combobox
- when I click on textbox contained in the combo box , the widget selection event seem like not taken place but if I press on the pull down button , the widget selection is taken place.

Offline code1101

• Single posting newcomer
wxSmith development
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2005, 08:42:12 am »
it seems that byo is too busy ... keep up the good work cyberkoa.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
wxSmith development
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2005, 11:20:01 am »
Good work cyberkoa :)
If you want, and byo agrees, I could add you as a developer for wxSmith.
So, byo, what do you think?

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2005, 07:22:23 am »
Quote from: code1101

Thanks  :D   just trying my best, still catching up with C++ that I hv stop using for 6 years.

Quote from: mandrav

Yiannis.

Thanks for the offer  :D   I am willing to take a try if byo agrees. By the way, I shall send my code to byo to have a look first .

Still a beginner in developing project on CVS   :oops:

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2005, 12:29:07 pm »
Quote from: cyberkoa
Quote from: code1101

Thanks  :D   just trying my best, still catching up with C++ that I hv stop using for 6 years.

Quote from: mandrav

Yiannis.

Thanks for the offer  :D   I am willing to take a try if byo agrees. By the way, I shall send my code to byo to have a look first .

Still a beginner in developing project on CVS   :oops:

Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've been here because of these sleepless books-full nights and terrible exams-like days. Just give me few more days and I'll be back :D.

Cyberoka: BIG THX for Youre work. Cna You send me the source ? And maybe some description of problems You have with this widget.
and don't worry - I'm CVS-beginner too (started using it after gaining access to CodeBlocks' CVS). Buty If You don't mind I would like to work now like mandrav and rigkg22 at the beginning of their cooperation - You could send me the sourcee and I put this into CVS :). Hope it will change soon - I just need to get back to this project and prepare for new Coder :). And now ... argh, back to books :?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2005, 05:44:34 pm »
I'd say we give cyberkoa cvs access. Just download TortoiseCVS, it's as easy as my avatar look lol :P

Anyway, byo, cyberkoa, e-mail is also a good way to communicate when you get CVS access.