Author Topic: wxSmith development  (Read 174633 times)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 12:03:34 am »
I will get back to one of previous posts about iconized buttons in palette window
Quote from: rickg22
Why not just grab upCase's? :wink:

I don't se anywhere source for wxRapid, don't want to fetch from exe using some brute attempt ;).
But maybe anybody would like to help and create some nice-looking ones :D I would be grateful :D

I remember how actual C::B logo was created and I believe that there are some people here who could handle this work :D

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
wxSmith development
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 12:42:18 am »
Quote from: byo
Quote from: cyberkoa

I have 1 question , under the Watch Tab , there is not symbols.
However, if I use the CB 1.0beta-final (the one I use to compile CB) , I open wxSmith.cbp . there are symbols under Watch .

Any idea ? Anyway , I just curious only.  I put more attention to the wxSmith source code study .

Hmm, I don't have any watches. Can You post here their names ? Maybe I've addeed something to wrong tree ;)

sorry, I make mistake  :oops:  not the watches , but the symbols . Meaning , there is no symbols appear under tab "Symbol" (if I run in the developing version of CB)

no problem in CB final-beta-1.0

Quote from: byo
By the way - I've updated to wxNotebook interface - it should be available in anonymous cvs in few hours

I shall update later .

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2005, 07:38:30 am »
Hi ,byo.

I have tried to add more information in the resources tree for each node , I have added in

widget.cpp

void wxsWidget::BuildTree(wxTreeCtrl* Tree,wxTreeItemId Id,int Index)
{
      wxString Name = GetInfo().Name;

Name = Name.Append(" - ");
    Name = Name.Append(GetBaseParams().VarNotStored?
GetBaseParams().VarName:GetBaseParams().IdName);

}

My intention is to add more detail for each resources rather than only showing the class name like "wxButton" etc .

My question is ,what is the purpose of having the flag VarNotStored in the struct wxsWidgetBaseParams.
In the source you mention "True if widget's variable won't be stored inside main window" , can you explain more on this, I thought it indicates whether the widget have variable name key in ? Sorry if this is a silly question because I just get to know wxwidgets 2 months ago...

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2005, 08:17:28 am »
void wxsWidget::BuildTree(wxTreeCtrl* Tree,wxTreeItemId Id,int Index)
{
      wxString Name = GetInfo().Name;

Name = Name.Append(" - ");
    Name = Name.Append(GetBaseParams().VarNotStored?
GetBaseParams().VarName:GetBaseParams().IdName);

}

thx for advice - will updae soon :)

My question is ,what is the purpose of having the flag VarNotStored in the struct wxsWidgetBaseParams.

I would like wxSmith to create dialogs and other resources in two ways - first one is to create XRC file and then to automatically manage code loading / event handling etc. Second way is to manage code wchich would create dialog without loading xrc. In this way each widget must have it's variable (just pointer to it's class) - it could be stored as a member of dialog's class (VarNotStored=false) or could be created locally inside funnction building dialog (VarNotStored=true) - using first one means that You want to use widget somewhere in class - read it's content or change it so it's good for edit fields check boxes etc. Second one means that You don't want this widget to be stored inside edialog's class - good for static widgets which won't change (and won't mess dialog's declaration).
Hmm, I hope I've explained that  :oops: :)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
wxSmith development
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2005, 09:29:41 am »
Meaning , there is no symbols appear under tab "Symbol" (if I run in the developing version of CB)

This must have to do with some events processed by wxSmith plugin, not being skipped (event.Skip()) so that they can be processed by other plugins too.
I mentioned it before and byo said he would look into it.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
wxSmith development
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2005, 09:31:17 am »
Hey byo,

Your thread already reached the third page. Maybe I should create a different forum for wxSmith? It seems like it's gonna be busy  :mrgreen:

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2005, 09:52:56 am »
Quote from: mandrav
Your thread already reached the third page. Maybe I should create a different forum for wxSmith? It seems like it's gonna be busy  :mrgreen:

Hmm, I'm just wondering why RAD tool is such popular. New forum ? Maybe after reaching 4th or 5th page ;) will se how long it would take to reach that - if would be reached fast, this would mean that new forum is a must ;)

This must have to do with some events processed by wxSmith plugin, not being skipped (event.Skip()) so that they can be processed by other plugins too.
I mentioned it before and byo said he would look into it.

Yep, already fixed, in CVS but... i frorgot to add some files to repository  :oops: so You may not be able to compile :( Just wait a minute and it will be there

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2005, 04:18:35 pm »
This ought to be in the readme. Whenever you create a new file, add it to CVS immediately ;-)

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »

I would like wxSmith to create dialogs and other resources in two ways - first one is to create XRC file and then to automatically manage code loading / event handling etc. Second way is to manage code wchich would create dialog without loading xrc. In this way each widget must have it's variable (just pointer to it's class) - it could be stored as a member of dialog's class (VarNotStored=false) or could be created locally inside funnction building dialog (VarNotStored=true) - using first one means that You want to use widget somewhere in class - read it's content or change it so it's good for edit fields check boxes etc. Second one means that You don't want this widget to be stored inside edialog's class - good for static widgets which won't change (and won't mess dialog's declaration).
Hmm, I hope I've explained that  :oops: :)[/quote]

Thx,understood.  The flag indicate whether the widget is static widget (keep in xrc) or dynamics created using C++ code . Hmm ,this is important in code generation.

Still studying the source code.. shall ask question when see something not understand ..  thx

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2005, 05:07:44 pm »

Hmm, I hope I've explained that  :oops: :)

Thx,understood.  The flag indicate whether the widget is static widget (keep in xrc) or dynamics created using C++ code . Hmm ,this is important in code generation.

Still studying the source code.. shall ask question when see something not understand ..  thx  :D

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Moved to separate forum
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2005, 05:10:32 pm »
Okay guys, in case you didn't notice, I just created a new "RAD Plugins development" forum 8). You're free to expand your wxSmith questions in other threads. Just insert "Wxsmith: " before the specific question.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2005, 06:20:01 pm »

Hmm, not exackly. The flag indicating whether dialgo uses XRC or should be inside dialog resource, not one widget.

Maybe will describe with a bit of code (example what would be generated from wxSmith;) ):

1). One widget with VarNotStored = false
Code
class MyDialog: public wxDialog
{
  public:
    MyDialog(...)
    {
      Widget = new wxStaticText(this,-1,"Hello world");
    }
  protected:
    wxStaticText* Widget;
}

2). One widget with VarNotStoredd = true
Code
class MyDialog: public wxDialog
{
  public:
    MyDialog(...)
    {
      wxStaticText* Widget;
      Widget = new wxStaticText(this,-1,"Hello world");
    }
}

So if VarNotStored == true, it means that Variable for this widget will be created locally inside function creating dialog, VarNotStored == false means that it will be a member of class and will be acessible from other members in this class.

Hope I've explained this now :)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Moved to separate forum
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2005, 06:20:47 pm »
Okay guys, in case you didn't notice, I just created a new "RAD Plugins development" forum 8). You're free to expand your wxSmith questions in other threads. Just insert "Wxsmith: " before the specific question.

Thx for new forum :) It should be easier to work now :D

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2005, 06:21:43 pm »
Uh... shouldn't you change the name to IsMember or something?

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2005, 06:23:10 pm »
Uh... shouldn't you change the name to IsMember or something?

Thx for advice, should think more before coding ;)