Author Topic: The 26 July 2006 build is out.  (Read 36028 times)

Offline k1mgy

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 26 July 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 05:41:10 pm »
Verion prior was code blocks exe dated 5/1/2006.

Sorry, don't have a build number for you.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 05:48:39 pm »
Verion prior was code blocks exe dated 5/1/2006.

Sorry, don't have a build number for you.

damn : january, that's the bginning of the nightly builds :-(

Offline orefa

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 05:51:14 pm »
plug-ins to try to disable (start CB without any project so you can surely close it ;-) without crashing).
 - codecompletion
 - keybinder

Ok, I tried both and then each one in turn. Disabling the "Keyboard Shortcuts" plug-in solves it. The "Code Completion" plug-in doesn't seem to be involved here, it is turned on right now and causes no problem.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 05:52:56 pm »
plug-ins to try to disable (start CB without any project so you can surely close it ;-) without crashing).
 - codecompletion
 - keybinder

Ok, I tried both and then each one in turn. Disabling the "Keyboard Shortcuts" plug-in solves it. The "Code Completion" plug-in doesn't seem to be involved here, it is turned on right now and causes no problem.

This is wht I suspected, things started to go wrong last week when the keybinder got updated. Remains strange I don't have it :-(

Do you have bindings you have defined yourself, or did you have the plug-in active because it comes with CB ;-)

[EDIT] : 27 nightly DEBUG BUILD nearly uploaded --> let it crash and look at the rpt ;-)

Offline k1mgy

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:51 pm »
Not certain you folks are addressing the issue with the keypad or another in the thred.

I disabled the code completion and keyboard plugins and no difference. 

I get a warning each time I load a file:

pluginwizard.dll
projectwizard.dll

not loaded.

Maybe this is a mingw issue?

nu-kinetix

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 07:37:18 pm »
This is wht I suspected, things started to go wrong last week when the keybinder got updated. Remains strange I don't have it

Do you have bindings you have defined yourself, or did you have the plug-in active because it comes with CB
I've had the same problem for the past 2-3 weeks as well.

I never defined bindings myself but the easy solution (i.e. stops CB from crashing upon exit) is to disable (or altogether delete!) the keybinder.dll in the plugins folder. That always seems to work, so obviously the problem is in there somewhere :)

Offline orefa

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:26 pm »
Do you have bindings you have defined yourself, or did you have the plug-in active because it comes with CB ;-)

I almost forgot to answer your question...

I have defined nothing myself either. I don't know what most of these plug-ins do so I don't touch them, leave everything as is, try to keep out of trouble, mind my own business, ask no question, keep to myself, fade to black...  8)

rastik

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 07:47:42 pm »
I never defined bindings myself but the easy solution (i.e. stops CB from crashing upon exit) is to disable (or altogether delete!) the keybinder.dll in the plugins folder. That always seems to work, so obviously the problem is in there somewhere :)
Same for me - never used key bindings and deleting keybinder.dll solves the problem. When new nightly is out, I'll let it crash and until the problem is solved I'm happy without this plug-in.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 10:55:30 pm »
Not certain you folks are addressing the issue with the keypad or another in the thred.

I disabled the code completion and keyboard plugins and no difference. 

I get a warning each time I load a file:

pluginwizard.dll
projectwizard.dll

not loaded.

Maybe this is a mingw issue?

keypad issue will be investigated later, focusing first on the crash problems.
However pluginwizar.dll and projectwizard.dll are no longer needed. So in case you are using a recent nightly build (say from the last 2 weeks) remove those 2 dll's (they should be in <CodeBlocks-dir>\share\CodeBlocks\plugins).
Or install your nightly in a clean empty directory since they are no longer in the nightly build zip file.

Please give feedback if your warnings about those 2 dll's are gone (just to be sure).

Offline k1mgy

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 11:00:26 pm »
OK, I removed the two dll's and no more errors.  Also no crashing to report in any case.

Note that I am using the unicode dll.  Should I test using the other, or is the nightly only unicode compatible, or will it matter?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 11:07:40 pm »
(official)  nightly builds are unicode, from time to time an ansi builds is also provided, but people should use unicode build (unless you are on win 9x).

Some people are suffering from crashes, and the most recent crashes "seem" to disappear when keybinder is turned off.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 04:38:19 am »
I'll revert keybinder when I get home tomorrow evening.

pecan