Author Topic: wxSmith missing  (Read 3449 times)

Maddis

wxSmith missing
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:45:26 pm »
Hi,

I'm new with C::B and already had a long fight to get wxwidget application to link correctly. I finally managet to get it link, but then I ran to another problem. I seem to be missing wxSmith! I cannot find it anywhere.

I'm runnin C::B in WindowsXP and I downloaded C::B from official site and installed it. I then created wxwidget application from template as these instructions suggest: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxSmith_Tutorial_%26_Pointers

Everything goes ok until tutorial says: "Select wxSmith -> Add Panel from menu". I cannot find wxSmith nor Add Panel from anywhere I can think of. I tried to look for if I should install wxSmith to C::B but couldn't find anywhere where to download it so I assume it comes with C::B. What I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm using wxwidgets version 2.6.3
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:51:46 pm by Maddis »

vesselin_peev

Re: wxSmith missing
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:10:09 pm »
Hi, Maddis,

If you are using the RC2 (Release Candidate 2) version, you have most likely missed to install the wxSmith plug-in, because it needs to be manually selected for installation. If it is not installed, it does not appear on the main menu. Anyway, do not use the RC2 version if you intend to use wxSmith, because its wxSmith is substantially old and has missing features as well as issues that have been resolved in newer releases. Rather, download the latest nightly build of CodeBlocks -- wxSmith is included in it, and as it does not have an installer, you cannot miss installing wxSmith.

Cheers,
Vesko
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:58:45 pm by vesselin_peev »

Maddis

Re: wxSmith missing
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:04:11 pm »
Yes, that was it. Thanks! Now I just have to learn how to use wxSmith. :)