Author Topic: current SVN, QT4 project under Linux  (Read 7781 times)

anli

current SVN, QT4 project under Linux
« on: July 23, 2006, 12:01:10 am »
Have not found a way to configure (as selected from templates) QT4 project. Under Gentoo Linux QT4 has not single "location".

Any tricks?

And one more little question (I'm not sure new thread must be created for it). What does mean "help file" in help configuration?

Offline oz

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: current SVN, QT4 project under Linux
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 06:06:41 am »
The same porblem has been occured before on wxWidgets project wizard. hopefully it could be fixed soon.

Offline kidmosey

• MUSITU International
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 07:05:30 am »
And one more little question (I'm not sure new thread must be created for it). What does mean "help file" in help configuration?

"Help file" refers to Windows *.hlp and *.chm help files.  The newer versions of the help configuration also support url's, though (just manually enter the url in the text box.)  Check out the Help->Plugins->Help plugin for more details.
3 years until google knows more than god.

anli

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 07:37:45 am »
"Help file" refers to Windows *.hlp and *.chm help files.  The newer versions of the help configuration also support url's, though (just manually enter the url in the text box.)  Check out the Help->Plugins->Help plugin for more details.
I have tried to associate *.html files with an external browser, and entered something like file://..../index.html as a help URL.Still without success. Does it mean Code::Blocks is win32 oriented?

Offline kidmosey

• MUSITU International
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 12:39:23 pm »
I have tried to associate *.html files with an external browser, and entered something like file://..../index.html as a help URL.Still without success. Does it mean Code::Blocks is win32 oriented?

Not necessarily.  Looking at the help plugin source, here's what it does...

if the path starts with "http://", it launches the default web browser using wxLaunchDefaultBrowser().
if the path ends with ".chm" or ".hlp" (and a keyword exists), it launches the respective help file handlers.
in any other case, it checks for a valid mime type, then launches the file with wxExecute()

I don't know if wxLaunchDefaultBrowser() and wxExecute() are windows specific calls with wx, but maybe you can double-check your file:// path (I opened the html file in firefox and copied the address bar, then pasted it into the help config), or make sure the html mime types are set up correctly.
3 years until google knows more than god.

anli

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 01:02:22 pm »
Not necessarily.  Looking at the help plugin source, here's what it does...

if the path starts with "http://", it launches the default web browser using wxLaunchDefaultBrowser().
if the path ends with ".chm" or ".hlp" (and a keyword exists), it launches the respective help file handlers.
in any other case, it checks for a valid mime type, then launches the file with wxExecute()

I don't know if wxLaunchDefaultBrowser() and wxExecute() are windows specific calls with wx, but maybe you can double-check your file:// path (I opened the html file in firefox and copied the address bar, then pasted it into the help config), or make sure the html mime types are set up correctly.

I have done exactly the same steps. I have checked *.html association via adding html file to projects and double-clicking on it. Firefox opens it without problem. Nevertheless help invoking does nothing, except for CB Debug window shows

[14:57:23.693]: Help File is file:///usr/share/doc/qt-4.1.4/html/index.html

It is for 2777 svn revision.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 06:51:28 pm »
wxLaunchDefaultBrowser and wxExecute aren't Windows specific.

I just tried exactly the same thing kidmosey did and it worked, but I could add file:// to be executed through wxLaunchDefaultBrowser too :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 07:06:42 pm »
Have not found a way to configure (as selected from templates) QT4 project. Under Gentoo Linux QT4 has not single "location".
Any tricks?
Please use qt4 as global variable. Then define the include and lib members of this GV to point to the folders where the include file "QApplication" and the library "libQtCore4.a" reside. Please note: This applies for this very wizard.
Unfortunately I have no access to qt4 on linux. I would implement this functionality I would know the folder structure (installation) as it is on linux - I need help for this... :(
Maybe we should make this wizard "Windows only" until I know...?!
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

anli

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 07:10:56 pm »
wxLaunchDefaultBrowser and wxExecute aren't Windows specific.

I just tried exactly the same thing kidmosey did and it worked, but I could add file:// to be executed through wxLaunchDefaultBrowser too :)
Perhaps, my wx installation knows nothing about default browser :-) At any case are there reasons to use wxLaunchDefaultBrowser at all? Probably file assocoations are sufficient, aren't they?

As for QT4 project. I have

- added ".so" extensions to VerifyLibFile script function,
- removed '4' occurences (like QtGui4) in qt4/wizard script,
- replaced "libQtCore.a" and such with "QtCore" in qt.cbp template,
- created dir with 'bin' (probably redundant), 'include' and 'lib' (soft) links to qt4 dirs,

and ... and after all this I was able to create/build/run a QT4 project :-) A codecompletion doesn't work, but this is another story.

/wrk/usr/qt4proxy

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 07:16:52 pm »
I think wxLaunchDefaultBrowser is something that should stay. I don't feel like getting the file extension of this:
http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?siteId=0&tab=0&query=$(keyword)
and that sure it's associated with something by default :)

I wonder why it'sn't working for htm/html files for you...