Author Topic: Using VC++ as an IDE; unable to compile a wxWidgets program  (Read 3985 times)

DaveK

The setup:
Currently I am using VC++ as an IDE (I did this because compiling wxWidgets was far easier with VC++ and since I already have that IDE figured why not use it. I have compiled wxWidgets and have apparently followed the directions from a wxTutorial.pdf which is covering wxWidgets 2 (not 2.6.x)

The Problem
The simple hello world is not compiling. I opened a win32 template but eliminated all the code vc++ generates so I start with an empty project. The compiler is now telling me
Code
c:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wx\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include\msvc\wx\setup.h(102): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../../lib/vc_lib/mswd/wx/setup.h': No such file or directory

this vc_lib does not exist in my wxWidgets-2.6.3 directory.

anyone know what the solution for this is? This line the compiler is yelling about is inside wxWidgets code so I am rather anxious that I cannot find that directory in my wxWidgets-2.6.3 directory.

Thanks!

Offline kidmosey

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • MUSITU International
Re: Using VC++ as an IDE; unable to compile a wxWidgets program
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 02:12:02 am »
Code
c:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wx\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include\msvc\wx\setup.h(102): fatal error C1083: 

Is this the location where you compiled wxWidgets from VC++? 'c:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wx\wxWidgets-2.6.3'

If not you may want to check your paths and update your include path in VC++ to the compiled version of wx.

vc_lib should be in your wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib directory.
3 years until google knows more than god.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Using VC++ as an IDE; unable to compile a wxWidgets program
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 05:36:05 pm »
The problem, as always, is mismatched settings. Make sure that your preprocessor #defines and linked libraries match the version of wxWidgets that you compiled -- i.e. WXUSINGDLL if you compiled DLLs, a single lib if you compiled the monolithic version or the appropriate core and base libs otherwise, etc. There are many good sources of documentation on the internet on getting everything set up properly.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)