Author Topic: Other comments and/or bug related to nightly 2740  (Read 4439 times)

Max

Other comments and/or bug related to nightly 2740
« on: July 12, 2006, 08:57:23 pm »
Dear *,

I would like to flag some issues about the latest nigthly. May be the flagged issues are related to features currently under development... so I apologize in that case.

1) The icon used for redo and undo have an arrow. In the past the arrows turn to grey if there are no
pending undo and/or redo. In the current 2740 the arrows stay green forever. They are green imeediately after
file opening, stay green if there are pending redo/undo and stay green if I REDOed or UNDOed completely the opened file.
I think that turning the arrows to grey helps. Is this behaviour a bug or is it intentional?

2) Using File->New and so the wizard.

2.1) Creating a new .h the editor settings "Default Code" for header file is ignored. I don't know if it is
intentional. I am used to have a "default" for every file (it is the revision control (RCS) header). Using the wizard
the user is forced to input the default code manually. If you create a .c file the default code is inserted correctly.
Is the "default code" feature about to be removed from CB? If no it should (IMO) work consistently for both .c and .h.

2.2) Creating a new .h  and leaving the guard word textbox empty I got

#ifndef
#define

#endif //

I think that the file should not have any guarding preprocessor statements if I left the guard word empty.

2.3) Creating both .c and .h the default directory (the directory used clicking the "..." button" is the project main
dir. OK. If i write the filename only (say foo.c) in the directory text box and clicking the "finish" button I got an error

"Please select a filename for new file"

But I wrote the filename.

Writing the filename using the full path like C:\C\Projects\aaaa\foo.c (or  using the open file dialog) the wizards accept the filename.

Because I adding a file to a project the "natural" behaviour shuold be: If not path is present use the default dir
(projects's main dir).

3) If you right click over a projects you get a menu. One item is "specific build target", left clicking on it you get a
sub-menu in which the items are the same items already present in the previous menu. (see attached image).
I think that cloning a menu is not intentional (bug?). May be the right sub-menu shuold be the "select target".

Thanks for the attention.

Massimo

Max

Re: Other comments and/or bug related to nightly 2740
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:57:58 pm »
the image..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:11:35 pm »
3) If you right click over a projects you get a menu. One item is "specific build target", left clicking on it you get a
sub-menu in which the items are the same items already present in the previous menu. (see attached image).
I think that cloning a menu is not intentional (bug?). May be the right sub-menu shuold be the "select target".

I think : the first set is for the project (build the entire project (all targets or ? will it be just the target from the drop down box ?) and the other one is for building the target (probably the one from the drop down box) ...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:18 pm »

If you click any entry in the submenu, then the target selection appears.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 10:43:20 pm »
I think : the first set is for the project (build the entire project (all targets or ? will it be just the target from the drop down box ?)

It will be the target from the tollbar combobox. If "All" is selected there (if available), then the whole project (actually all targets which have "Include in target "all"" checked in project properties) is the subject.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...