Author Topic: cb logo in game  (Read 4956 times)

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
cb logo in game
« on: July 02, 2006, 07:29:40 pm »
dont C::B team will hate me if i write in my game that i developed it in C::B? :?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: cb logo in game
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 08:00:10 pm »
dont C::B team will hate me if i write in my game that i developed it in C::B? :?

Not unless you give us a free copy ;) :lol:
(kidding :P).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 08:05:58 pm »
i only want to thank C::B team for great IDE where i can develop.and i like to write what game use :D
it is my first game :o,i will give here link latter and you can check it.it is simply, easy, pong... :D :D

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:57:51 pm »
As my own game nears completion, I wonder about the same thing. Code::Blocks belongs in the credits somewhere, but it's not an open sourced app, so there is some huge conflict! RMS will get wind of it, and he will hunt me down and make an example out of me.  :shock:

I think the best way to handle it, is to make Mandrav an unbeatable secret boss character. With every attack, he'll strongly recommend that you die.  :shock:
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 10:20:26 pm »
RMS does not have a word in this. What makes you think so?

You can use Code::Blocks to write open-source software as well as closed-source software. Free or commercial, whatever. This is how it is licensed, and this is how you can use it. The creators of Code::Blocks decided to release it for free, and nobody else can take away this right from you. It is nobody's business but yours.

Certainly, "free" never really means you can do everything you want, that's quite obvious. For example, if you use a free IDE to write software to pirate audio CDs or to run a denial of service attack on SCO, then you can't just say "hey, but this is freedom". This is obviously where freedom ends.
Similarly, if you use some software's (free or not) logo or name to promote your own product in an unfair manner, you are breaking the law. Since copyright law is quite complicated, even more so as it is different in different countries, this particular case is explicitely stated in most licenses to leave no doubt about it.

However, for every "normal" use, Code::Blocks is just "free", you can use it for whatever you want, and certainly nobody will object if you put "built with Code::Blocks" or something in your credits :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 10:46:32 pm »
RMS does not have a word in this. What makes you think so?
I don't think that at all. I was just kiddng. But I can half picturing going on some long winded diatribe against the whole thing. :lol:

Pong would be great as on of those game things in the editor. You have 2 paddles and each of those blocks from the C:B logo going back and forth at the same thing... PO::NG!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:48:44 pm by Vampyre_Dark »
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 01:21:51 pm »
Oh i forgot!

here is it (just 162kb):
http://rapidshare.de/files/24933360/PongClone.7z.html

try it if you want.it has got some bugs but it is "playable"(hahahaha)