Author Topic: New to C::B. Have to report inacurate behaviour and a suggestion  (Read 5406 times)

Squeller

Hi,

first of all thanks for such a great IDE!

1. After a default install PLUS daily build from today, the syntax highlighting for c++ is not accurate: A non-matching brace is white on red background. But if you are in current line, which is yellow, the brace is white on yellow. So, while typing, you can't see it.

2. Say we have a function. The starting "{" is in the next line. The code folding could start at the first line anyway, not where the "{" is. This would save a line. Compare with how the MS ide is doing this, this looks more accurate IMHO!

michael
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 05:36:58 pm by Squeller »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: New to C::B. Have to report inacurate behaviour and a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:43:22 pm »
1. After a default install PLUS daily build from today, the syntax highlighting...
If that means you unpacked a nightly build over RC2, then you're lucky that you can launch the program at all :)

Never do that, never mix RC2 and a nightly build.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Squeller

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 05:55:55 pm »
Ooops. Works like a charm. I will reinstall from scratch with rc3 then...

BTW, there's a display bug and I don't think it's because of builds mixup: The compiler toolbar does only show "buil" on the right, then ends. Its W2k SP4 here.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:10 pm »
Its W2k SP4 here.

A known bug with wxWidgets and Windows 2000. (I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll familiarize myself with wxAUI and try for a workaround.)
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:25:06 pm »
A known bug with wxWidgets and Windows 2000. (I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll familiarize myself with wxAUI and try for a workaround.)

You 're always welcome to provide a patch, but this doesn't have anything to do with wxAUI. The same bug exists long before we used *any* docking framework. It has its roots in wxToolbar...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 01:27:58 am »
The same bug exists long before we used *any* docking framework. It has its roots in wxToolbar...

True, but I figure it'd be easier to get familiar with the wxAUI source and see if a workaround is possible from within it. However much of a hack it may be, I'd personally prefer it to digging around in and patching the wxWidgets sources themselves.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 05:21:01 pm »
wxAUI is part of wxWidgets now.  Just take a look at the CVS.