Author Topic: Cross Compiler Plugin  (Read 6046 times)

uFo-Z

Cross Compiler Plugin
« on: June 25, 2006, 12:08:01 pm »
Hi,

i just created a little Howto for the WiKi related to Cross Compiling under Linux. Later i found a entry in the Forum also related to Cross compiling. After reading the post i thought about a little plugin wich handels some Cross Compilers settings and also schould have a download tab for some libs.

read my forum post:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3343.msg26841#msg26841

and here the wiki entry:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Code::Blocks_and_Cross_Compilers&action=history

I would start coding such a plugin in some weeks, but i would  know it this makes sence and if anybody wants to help. There would also be the question, where the precompiled libs should be stored. well, first just say what you think about that.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Cross Compiler Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:34:50 pm »
Nice article, but could you try to create English only screenshots? I think a lot of people don't know what the german word Abbrechen means ;)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

uFo-Z

Re: Cross Compiler Plugin
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:37:37 pm »
hellas,

Abbrechen means Cancel :P

The how to will be rewritten in some days/weeks. I think it will be nearly unnecessary if the Cross Compiler Plugin is finished.

The goal of the Plugin is:
Use one IDE (Code::Blocks of course) to develop for as much as possible systems/architectures. Iside the Plugin it should be possible to download the necessary archive for each Cross Compiler.  Further it schould be possible to download some important precompiled libraries for selected Cross Compiler (e.g. SDL...).

Our current (private) wishlist for the early alpha version:

- Windows/Linux ( not dependin on the Distribution) support
- Linux -> Windows cross compile
- Windwos/Linux -> ARM 9 cross compile
- Windows/Linux -> Motorola 68HC12 cross compile
- userfriendly application

We know that it is possible to do that all without a plugin, but we think it would be a nice and easy way for beginners and also a good feature for Code::Blocks.

If you have any ideas, critism etc. just reply.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:45:55 pm by uFo-Z »