Author Topic: The 16 June 2006 build is out.  (Read 23073 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 16 June 2006 build is out.
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:18:08 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll (2.6.2) for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 16 June 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060616_rev2577_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060616_rev2577_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060616_rev2577_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• Added "BYOgames" entertainment plugin (windows only - linux files later today)
  • Added "back-to-work" timer class in byogames (people need to be reminded to get back to work!)
  • Added autotools and linux C::B build files for BYOgames plugin
  • Updated the plugin description so it names the right version of AStyle being used now

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:12:22 pm by killerbot »

dllmain

Re: The 16 June 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 08:20:22 pm »
The windows download gives "File doesn't exist" here!?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:24:17 pm »
give me a little bit of time to upload  :P

dllmain

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:26:29 pm »
Now it works...

Offline orefa

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:01:04 pm »
Yesterday's menu problem remains (under Windows 2000). When selecting a shortcut letter, menu selection goes to any other option that does NOT have the shortcut instead of the one that has it. For example pressing 'C' in the file menu does not select "Close" as it should but rotates among the other 'C' menu options.

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:10:02 pm »
when i run this c::b nightly i have message:access violation from adress blablabla
i click button(retry or cancel...) and Code blocks run normally  :? :? :? error in my computer?

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 09:27:05 pm »
when i run this c::b nightly i have message:access violation from adress blablabla
i click button(retry or cancel...) and Code blocks run normally :? :? :? error in my computer?
No, i've got the same behavior when trying to create a directory from the "save file" dialog. It's like GDB that always detect a sigsev when i'm using hooks, but when i try to continue everything works ok...

royalbox

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 09:36:07 pm »
The last version of code::blocks that works on my xp-sp2 system are pre 2006/06/14. After this I get access violations.

I renamed my existing %ProgramFiles%\Code blocks and %UserProfile%\Application Data\codeblocks directories, and extracted tonight's build to %ProgramFiles%\Code blocks.

I added the latest  mingwm10.dll and wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll.

I open code::blocks, choose the compiler, and set it as default.

I click on the 'open' icon and get an access violation.

This happens on 2006/06/14 to 2006/06/16. I don't know what else to check. I know I'm the only one getting this. If anyone has any suggestions of anything to try please let me know.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone after all.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 09:45:54 pm by royalbox »

Offline oz

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 06:11:46 am »
The last version of code::blocks that works on my xp-sp2 system are pre 2006/06/14. After this I get access violations.

I renamed my existing %ProgramFiles%\Code blocks and %UserProfile%\Application Data\codeblocks directories, and extracted tonight's build to %ProgramFiles%\Code blocks.

I added the latest  mingwm10.dll and wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll.

I open code::blocks, choose the compiler, and set it as default.

I click on the 'open' icon and get an access violation.

This happens on 2006/06/14 to 2006/06/16. I don't know what else to check. I know I'm the only one getting this. If anyone has any suggestions of anything to try please let me know.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone after all.

Me too, I compiled myself with MinGW 3.4.5 and wx 2.3.6 patch 2 on WinXP SP2. but the official build definitely works well for me, not sure why. are you using the self-build version or the official nightly build?

by the way, the linux builds were came out much quicker than before. if you could keep this on, that is should be greate  :o

[edit]
NO, the last official nightly build not works well now, same problem  :(. In linux both OK, is the Linux version will be built by GCC 4.1.1 and wx263 later? because I found that works well.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:45:22 am by oz »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 01:52:48 pm »

This happened to me when I had accidently stowed an old wxmsw26<x>_gcc_cb.dll up the PATH chain.

I deleted all wxWidgets and mingw dll's from the path, re-installed, the all went well.

Offline oz

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 03:01:17 pm »
This happened to me when I had accidently stowed an old wxmsw26<x>_gcc_cb.dll up the PATH chain.

I deleted all wxWidgets and mingw dll's from the path, re-installed, the all went well.

sorry, I did not follow you. could you explain more? because if I make a clean install on school's computer, the problem still there. e.g. I choose 'open' or 'project->open', also when I choose the directory.
so, please give a detailed info. thanks veeeeeeeery much. :?

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
my last working nightly is rev2565,since that are violations.why?please repair it back!i dont want go to vs2005.

Offline Code Medic

cpu usage in curent build
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 03:49:11 pm »
hav a look at the attachment... byo games... it eats up the processor alive.!  :(
otherwise the processor usage pattern is same as the previous build..!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: cpu usage in curent build
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 04:34:59 pm »
hav a look at the attachment... byo games... it eats up the processor alive.!  :(
What do you want to say by this? If you play byoGames you naturally cannot do anything else, so why do you care about the CPU usage then? If you want to work just close byoGames and have "normal" CPU usage... maybe I didn't get the reason for this post...?!
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Code Medic

Re: cpu usage in curent build
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 04:44:31 pm »
What do you want to say by this? If you play byoGames you naturally cannot do anything else, so why do you care about the CPU usage then? If you want to work just close byoGames and have "normal" CPU usage... maybe I didn't get the reason for this post...?!
With regards, Morten.

cant i have my game paused and resumed later???!!! do i hav to start it all over again?
why sud a plugin be so busy when its doing nothing??? when playing ... i can understand..!!!!

when i was testing the cpu usage... i included the new plug in as well... thats all... sorry if i offended someone
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 07:02:50 pm by Code Medic »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 05:30:14 pm »

sorry, I did not follow you. could you explain more? because if I make a clean install on school's computer, the problem still there. e.g. I choose 'open' or 'project->open', also when I choose the directory.
so, please give a detailed info. thanks veeeeeeeery much. :?
The best I can remember is:

I had a dll build of wxWidgets 2.4.2 sitting in c:/wxWidgets242/lib and a wxWidgets dll build in c:/wxWidgets262/lib.
The path had something like  c:\wxWidgets242\lib;c:\codeblocks\bin;c:\window;c:\windows\...blablabla;c:\beta\wxWidgets262\bin;

Somehow my codeblocks system was getting all balled up using the 2.4.2 dlls or the codeblocks2.4.2 dll's with my 2.6.2 build. I got one crash after another every time it attempted to use a system dialog.

I deleted all wxWidgets dll's and all codeblocks dll's I could find from my system. Removed 2.4.2 from the path. Removed codeblocks from the path; rebuilt wxWidgets 2.6.2. Then it all worked fine.

Just my experience. Thought it might help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 05:39:38 pm by Pecan »

Offline orefa

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 05:42:56 pm »
I was wondering why BYO is included in the regular distribution. I don't see any relation between games and a programming IDE.

Can plug-ins be downloadable add-ons like Firefox extensions? If so then a core set can be included but frills would be downloaded as needed and questions about them would go directly to their writer instead of the C::B developpers.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 05:48:20 pm »
Can plug-ins be downloadable add-ons like Firefox extensions? If so then a core set can be included but frills would be downloaded as needed and questions about them would go directly to their writer instead of the C::B developpers.
This only applies to the nightlies which shall include all plugins on purpose -> for testing! I'd say the installer of a distribution will allow you to select which plugins you'd like to install. And (I guess you know already) you can disable plugin(s) you don't need/like. They remain disabled if you install a new nightly. You can even just delete the DLL of the plugin you don't like at all from the C::B folder it it's gone until you install it again...
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline orefa

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 06:03:46 pm »
Cool. Thanks.  :)

Offline oz

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 06:22:17 pm »
The best I can remember is:

I had a dll build of wxWidgets 2.4.2 sitting in c:/wxWidgets242/lib and a wxWidgets dll build in c:/wxWidgets262/lib.
The path had something like  c:\wxWidgets242\lib;c:\codeblocks\bin;c:\window;c:\windows\...blablabla;c:\beta\wxWidgets262\bin;

Somehow my codeblocks system was getting all balled up using the 2.4.2 dlls or the codeblocks2.4.2 dll's with my 2.6.2 build. I got one crash after another every time it attempted to use a system dialog.

I deleted all wxWidgets dll's and all codeblocks dll's I could find from my system. Removed 2.4.2 from the path. Removed codeblocks from the path; rebuilt wxWidgets 2.6.2. Then it all worked fine.

Just my experience. Thought it might help.

emm....clear, but it seems the different problem we have. it actually does not crash, just pop up a dialog box, I randomly click whatever I want :lol: 'Abort', 'Cancel' or 'Ignore', and the CB will works as normal after that, it will not generate a report either. Because when I am at school, I have to make the clean install every time, so...do not have your problem, but thanks anyway. Anyone has some idea on that?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 06:34:03 pm »
I was wondering why BYO is included in the regular distribution. I don't see any relation between games and a programming IDE.

It is just for fun and it's a nice little plug-in.
If we should stick very closely to the main goal without a little diversion for fun ....

By the way i assume after you install linux or Windows xp you uninstall the games : what has minesweeper to do with an OS, or you hack the code of ms exell to remove the hidden flight simulator ;-)

ok, back to my half-lif 2 episode 1 plug-in for CB ... just kidding ;-)

Offline orefa

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:00:56 pm »
hack the code of ms exell to remove the hidden flight simulator

Ha! I didn't even know about that, I've never used Excel. But it's no wonder MS software has a reputation for bloatware. It makes you wonder what other deadwood they stuff in their products. :?

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 07:23:30 pm »
Flight simulator? I only remember the famous "Hall of Tortured Souls" of Excel 95.

Anyway, having that game doesn't make any harm, does it? :D

Offline Code Medic

keyboard performance
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 07:30:18 pm »
hi..

some issues with kboard ... on win32 c:b buils 2577 (16th june 2006)
the key repeat rate is dramatically reduced .... i have my repeat rate set to max in the control pannel.
i tried with other applications like scite... they are all fine.

cheerio.

Offline orefa

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 08:05:06 pm »
Anyway, having that game doesn't make any harm, does it? :D

No, not at the moment. But if the collection of available plug-ins grows like the collection of Firefox extensions for example then a selection may have to be made. Including everything available with the standard distribution can make it unnecessarily bloated with options users don't really need. Also core developpers may receive a lot of questions about software they didn't write. It's not a problem today but something that came to mind as I was reading problems that users were reporting on something that is not directly CB-related. A separation seems appropriate. It's not my decision of course.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 07:18:01 am »
There is going to be an auto update/plug-in install system that uses the Internet.  So in the future Code::Blocks plug-ins will be handled like firefox extensions.  They won't be in the core repository, you will just tell CB to go and get that plug-in and it will install it.  I guess it will be a little like devpacks, which makes some sense considering Mandrav worked on DevC++. 

Of course for that to happen we have to make some sort of stable branch, kill bugs and freeze the sdk api so that plug-ins can be guaranteed to work with certain version of CB.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:19:35 am by Game_Ender »