Author Topic: About new Project creation  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
About new Project creation
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:36:47 am »
Something I noticed in the new nightlies just the other day, when creating a new project, C::B now automatically creates a new folder. And configures everything to run out of this one folder. This made making projects for me harder.

The old method used to just save a project file in the folder you specified, and I could use my own setup which was:

Project Folder (contained the .exe and only other files to be used by the program)
/src (subfolder with all the source code and project files)
src/obj

I would create the folders first, and then just save my project file in the src folder.

I now have to clear out all the files, and reconfigure everything from scratch when I make a new project. Before, I just needed to change the .exe to output into the base folder.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline jarro_2783

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Project Freedom
Re: About new Project creation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:11 am »
I noticed that too. It is kind of annoying. Maybe it's part of the template and we could make our own template to fix it, but that would be annoying as well.
I've kind of gotten used to it, because now I have one base folder for all my projects and I just type the name in and it makes the folder for me, so it's not too bad.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:57:01 am »
It would be nice to have

Put src in this folder: _____
put obj in this folder: _____
put compiled output in this folder: _____
execute from this folder: ______

Woudl solve everything. Call it 'advanced' with it's own dialog.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline jarro_2783

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Project Freedom
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:01:58 am »
yeah it would be nice.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:28:02 am »
Something I noticed in the new nightlies just the other day, when creating a new project, C::B now automatically creates a new folder. And configures everything to run out of this one folder. This made making projects for me harder.

The old method used to just save a project file in the folder you specified, and I could use my own setup which was:

Nothing has changed regarding this. The old template-based projects work as you expect them to (without creating dirs). The new script-based projects create the dir.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...