Author Topic: The 15 June 2006 build is out.  (Read 28868 times)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 15 June 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:11 am »
am I the only one who tries these things on a system with both a C: and a D: drive?
I have:
- MinGW in C:\mingw
- system headers in C:\mingw/include
- boost headers in C:\Boost\include\boost-1_33_1
- wxWidgets headers in D:\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include
- three versions of Code::Blocks in C:\codeblocks, D:\Desktop\cb\src\devel, and D:\cf\devel
and I have not a single problem with finding the right headers with any of these?

"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: The 15 June 2006 build is out.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 01:27:28 pm »
i'm having trouble with adding a new help file into the c:b. actually i managed to add the help (qt4.chm) and its working fine... but when i try to add a kbord shortcut from settings -> editor -> kboard shortcuts, it says "KeyBinding file corrupted. Please delete it.".

someone please tell me where this flippin file is.!

cant it be made a bit more simpler... with an option to delete and recreate from there itself rather than askin the user to go and delete it.! ok.. c:b is meant for ppl who can do that but..!  :?

The code is in keybinder.cpp. Patches are welcome.

Windows: c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\codeblocks\cbKeybinder...ini

*nix: ~/.codeblocks/cbkeybinder....ini

"corruption" occurs when the menu structure has changed enough such that the old .ini file can no longer be adapted to it.

When this happens new keybinder .ini file needs to be created or the user needs to edit the .ini file. The easiest way is simply to deleted the old .ini file to allow keybinder to rebuild it.

But, if you like, you could contribute something that would reparse the menu, compare to the ini file, save the good key/id/discription combos, delete the deprecated menu key/combos and rewrite the .ini file.

Or, you could try to add a dialog onto a dialog that's interacts with the user.

Either might work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 01:38:57 pm by Pecan »