Author Topic: Can not create wxWidgets application via project wizard!!!  (Read 5241 times)

xphenix

Can not create wxWidgets application via project wizard!!!
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:59:26 am »
I installed C::B from svn source, and it runs very well. But when I tried to create a new wx application in the new project wizard, it told me to input the "Base diretory" of Variale "wx" and the "wxWidgets' location". I've installed wx-GTK 2.6.3 by yum, that's because compile from wx soucecode will cost too much time, I hate it...   But the default location of wxwidgets 'include' 'lib' have separate into '/usr/include' and '/usr/lib', so I don't kown what I can do when the wizard asked me to input the wxwidgets' location and the variable of 'wx'... what can I do ?? I really don't want to compile wx-GTK from sourcecode !!

By the way, I can compile and run the minimal wxapp in the console command, That means the wx-GTK works fine..

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Can not create wxWidgets application via project wizard!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:50 am »
The wx wizard only works for windows currently. It is a known issue which will be fixed shortly.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 11:26:56 am »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

ozoz

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:48:28 am »
I installed C::B from svn source, and it runs very well. But when I tried to create a new wx application in the new project wizard, it told me to input the "Base diretory" of Variale "wx" and the "wxWidgets' location". I've installed wx-GTK 2.6.3 by yum, that's because compile from wx soucecode will cost too much time, I hate it...   But the default location of wxwidgets 'include' 'lib' have separate into '/usr/include' and '/usr/lib', so I don't kown what I can do when the wizard asked me to input the wxwidgets' location and the variable of 'wx'... what can I do ?? I really don't want to compile wx-GTK from sourcecode !!

By the way, I can compile and run the minimal wxapp in the console command, That means the wx-GTK works fine..

If you installed the wx by yum, you could easily create the wx project in CB without using the wizard, see there are two choices. after the project has been created, you do not need to do anything, only compile and run, you will see the initial window. enjoy it!

xphenix

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 06:10:18 pm »
If you installed the wx by yum, you could easily create the wx project in CB without using the wizard, see there are two choices. after the project has been created, you do not need to do anything, only compile and run, you will see the initial window. enjoy it!
[/quote]

It works....Thanks very much..

xphenix