Author Topic: Compiler Option  (Read 5251 times)

sandy

Compiler Option
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:23:17 pm »
Hi, not sure if this should be in another section, but I'll post it out here for starters.

Just found C::B and it is awsome. I'm looking at using some of the GCC cross compilers with the editor and was wondering if the compiler options are bound into the application, more specifically the compiler flags and values. For the embedded/cross compilers many of the options are missing or invalid.  It is not a huge deal as the options can be specified manually I guess, but would be nice to be able to change these settings. As I said, I just started using C::B and it may be just something I overlooked.

Thanks

Sandy

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Compiler Option
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:34:03 pm »
Right now, the compiler switches are built into the compiler plugin.

However, this is very soon going to change, replacing the current design with a much more flexible and more general system.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54:37 pm »
Thomas -

Thanks for the quick post. I just saw a thread on this. This will be a nice option. C::B will be perfect for the many crossplatform suites that are based on GCC. I am going to play with the WinArm tools and get them working as best I can with C::B.

Thanks!

Sandy

nfearnley

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 07:05:45 pm »
I'm using C::B with mingw. My version of GCC is 3.4.5 . I'm using this version because http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/ says that it's the current release and that version 4.2.1 is a "technology preview".

I want the compile to treat warnings as errors. The option available in the C::B's build options is "-Wfatal-errors". This isn't supported in version 3.4.5 of GCC. I want to use "-Werror", but I'd like to select it from the flag list rather than having to enter it in "other options".

Is it possible to change the options in the flag list yet as the originally poster asked?

If not, is it really a big deal-breaker to use the version 4.2.1 of mingw's GCC?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 07:30:06 pm »
Is it possible to change the options in the flag list yet as the originally poster asked?

Yes it can be changed. But the changes will again have to be hard-coded. ;)

If not, is it really a big deal-breaker to use the version 4.2.1 of mingw's GCC?

Even with the current settings, you can use MinGW-4.2.1 without any problems. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

nfearnley

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 07:36:56 pm »
I'll try using MinGW-4.2.1 and see if that works (I'm guessing it will). I was just a little unsure about using something described as "technology preview"...

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:01:09 pm »
I'll try using MinGW-4.2.1 and see if that works (I'm guessing it will). I was just a little unsure about using something described as "technology preview"...

I've used it to compile C::B and it works well. They have tagged it a Technology Preview as they are not going to support it officially (I guess I'm not wrong). :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.