Author Topic: Another two debugger issues  (Read 4752 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Another two debugger issues
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:09:53 pm »
While working on this: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3193.0 I found out another two issues with the debugger:

1.) If in a project the file is provided with the full path name (just as it is the case with the console a template) andf the full path name is in the project (*.cbp) file, the debugger will never break at it's breakpoints. This may also be related to the dfact that in the path to the file is a space. I have attached a zip file which contains 2 projects: "huhu" will not stop at breakpoints and "hihi" which is quite the same will break at a breakpoint. Please not that for reproducing this you might have to adopt the project file of "huhu" becasue the path as in the project file does most likely not exists on "your" machine. Anyway, if you compare both project files you'll get the point.

2.) Consider you have a single (hello world) project loaded and placed a breakpoint somewhere in the code. Now do the following:
- Run the debugger until it's stopped at the breakpoint
- Close the file in the editor
- Close the project in C::B
-> Notice the debugger is still active, but you have no more projects open. All buttons are greyed out, C::B is in an "undefined state", you cannot even stop the debugger. This is because closing the project also disables the "debugger" buttons and menus.

With regards, Morten.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Another two debugger issues
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:17:52 pm »
Thanks for the first issue. I was looking for a way to reproduce it. It has been mentioned before but not with that much info :).

About the second issue, did our minds communicate in some way? I was just thinking minutes ago that closing a project (while debugging) would break the debugger :P.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:46:35 pm »
1.) If in a project the file is provided with the full path name (just as it is the case with the console a template) andf the full path name is in the project (*.cbp) file, the debugger will never break at it's breakpoints. This may also be related to the dfact that in the path to the file is a space. I have attached a zip file which contains 2 projects: "huhu" will not stop at breakpoints and "hihi" which is quite the same will break at a breakpoint.

Strange.
Worked fine without spaces.
Worked fine with spaces.
Did not work fine when I added another (empty) dir with spaces on the same level as the project's folder  :shock:

Anyway, fixed now.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:10:20 pm »
Issue nr. 2 also fixed.
Be patient!