Author Topic: Linux beta testers wanted  (Read 56531 times)

undofen

Re: Linux beta testers wanted
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 06:23:30 pm »
Im trying to use C::B on gentoo for a long time now, so I could help if anyone could tell me the procedure ? :) I apply the patches and reply if they work ? :) anything more apart from that and bugreports ?

Offline me22

• Official tester
  • Multiple posting newcomer
    • TA Universe
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 10:17:10 pm »
For those of you using Gentoo, you can get my codeblocks-svn ebuild from http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=89533

Set it up in a portage overlay and you can just use "emerge codeblocks-svn" to attempt a compile of the latest svn version.  Also means you get your normal CXXFLAGS applied and can use emerge -C to get rid of it.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 01:15:45 pm »
I didn't read the whole thread because I'm so interested in developing on Linux, but are you keeping the Linux makefile up to date? As long as it shouldn't take much time I can test it on Solaris at work, and here on my OSX.

Oh the OSX is my roommate's, I'd be appalled if someone thought I would actually endorse such a product.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 01:17:20 pm by 280Z28 »
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 04:48:51 pm »
Yes, the makefile is kept up to date. And if not (maybe because it simply was forgotten) then you will notice it as soon as you try to compile a new version. ;) But then you can either complain about that or (probably the better way) provide a patch for it.
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 05:14:16 pm »
I do not able to compile the SVN version on my Ubuntu , it stop at the wxScintilla target and says undefine reference of wxScintilla::FindText(.....)  ..

I try at 2 machines , it gives the same error
anything hints ?

connyosis

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 05:30:51 pm »
I've compiled code::blocks succesfully on Gentoo with the ebuild from bugs.gentoo.org.
Just created the portage overlay and emerged codeblocks-svn

Offline me22

• Official tester
  • Multiple posting newcomer
    • TA Universe
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2005, 10:32:59 pm »
I've compiled code::blocks succesfully on Gentoo with the ebuild from bugs.gentoo.org.
Just created the portage overlay and emerged codeblocks-svn

Good to see my ebuild is in good use =)

That being said, you should always include the SVN revision number when you talk about anything using that ebuild.

You can use # svn info /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/codeblocks/trunk/ to get the revision number ( along with some other interesting information ).

[edit] Speaking of the ebuild, I've version bumped it to 1.0-r1 since I found a bug in the ebuild.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:59:42 am by me22 »

Offline jlac

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 10:41:38 pm »
Hello,

I can participate to testing under linux...
and distribute a nighty build if you need ?

So i try to compile but i have the same problem :
I do not able to compile the SVN version on my Ubuntu , it stop at the wxScintilla target and says undefine reference of wxScintilla::FindText(.....)  ..

my configuration:
unbuntu 5.10
gcc 4.0.1
autoconf 2.59a-3
automake 1.9
libtool 2.5.6
embedded real-time signal processing software engineer.

Offline jlac

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 09:42:52 pm »
The solution to resolve error about wxScintilla::FindText(.....) can be found here : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1688.0

embedded real-time signal processing software engineer.