Author Topic: Suggestion regarding workspace/project/open files  (Read 4837 times)

mroek

Suggestion regarding workspace/project/open files
« on: May 22, 2006, 11:00:12 am »
If you have more than one project open (in a workspace), you can activate the one you want to work with, but all the already open files will stay open in the editor window. This means that if two (or more) projects both have files with the same name ("main.cpp", springs to mind...), you will have to distinguish which file belongs to which project manually, either by recognizing the content, by remembering the tab position at the top of the editor window, or double-clicking the file in the project-pane.

Would it be possible to have an option that automatically closes files from the inactive projects when you activate a project, and re-opens the (last used) files from the project that is being activated? The best way to solve this is perhaps to add a new right-click option, something like "Switch to project" perhaps?

mroek

Re: Suggestion regarding workspace/project/open files
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:37 pm »
No one has an opinion on this? Good suggestion? Bad suggestion? Plain stupid?  :-)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:49:22 pm »
No one has an opinion on this? Good suggestion? Bad suggestion? Plain stupid?  :-)

Hello,

Plain stupid? No it is not :).

Your suggest could be of some interest, especially if you want to work on each project individually, but sometimes I need to work with files belonging to different projects. So as it is now it is useful :).

You can post a feature request at berliOS:

http://developer.berlios.de/account/login.php?return_to=%2Ffeature%2F%3Ffunc%3Daddfeature%26group_id%3D5358

Best wishes,
Michael

mroek

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 08:57:22 am »
I have now posted this as a feature request at BerliOS.

mroek

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:00:29 am »
Your suggest could be of some interest, especially if you want to work on each project individually, but sometimes I need to work with files belonging to different projects. So as it is now it is useful :).

Just to be clear: My suggestion would not break any existing functionality.

Offline jarro_2783

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Project Freedom
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 02:15:48 pm »
I think that's a good idea, you could make it a workspace option so that it's turned on or off, so for some workspaces you might want all the files to stay open, and for others you might want them to close so you could choose.