Author Topic: syntax-highlighting on write-protected sourcefiles fail  (Read 16009 times)

takeshimiya

Re: syntax-highlighting on write-protected sourcefiles fail
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 02:06:26 pm »
Well, I suggest someone should start a poll about this issue. Then we can go with what the community decides...
or just add an option somewhere.

That is an even better idea. :D

No I don't think so. It's better to find a better default (decided by the community as Yiannis said) rather than start cluttering with options.

I vote for a wxBeep (sound) when the user tries to write,
maybe even a MessageBox "This file is read only.",
and a "Read only" in the status bar in red/brown colour.

ProutDeMammouth

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 02:08:31 pm »
I just checked the "Syntax highlighting" dialog box. Currently, we have the choice for the "Background" only. A new button for "Write-protected Backgrnd" below would be the solution.

takeshimiya

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 02:15:40 pm »
I just checked the "Syntax highlighting" dialog box. Currently, we have the choice for the "Background" only. A new button for "Write-protected Backgrnd" below would be the solution.

That doesn't solves the problem, because the users that are using those version control systems would be setting to "white" that background, thus solving the "annoying to read" part, but with a new problem: it will not be clear if it's read-only.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 02:19:25 pm »
Well, I suggest someone should start a poll about this issue. Then we can go with what the community decides...
or just add an option somewhere.

This will not be made an option. We can't possibly add options for every little thing that could possibly be configured. All we would achieve is create a maze of options.

I have resolved this issue by removing the gray bg color completely (for read-only files) and fixing the state updates (i.e. file's icon in the project tree).
I hope everyone is happy now.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 02:33:24 pm »
I have resolved this issue by removing the gray bg color completely (for read-only files) and fixing the state updates (i.e. file's icon in the project tree).
I hope everyone is happy now.
CB is now much better usable with version-control-systems which are using the read-only bit for file-protection !

thanks a lot, i'm very  :D  :D  :D now !

btw.: i hope we don't get a bug-report about the missing ugly grey background when a file is set read-only  :P