Author Topic: Linking Errors with 'Hello World' program using wxWidgets - HELP! :)  (Read 21393 times)

Offline Rytz

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Linking Errors with 'Hello World' program using wxWidgets - HELP! :)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 11:05:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies and info :).

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 11:06:36 pm »
The revision time does not show up in the start here page "()" (assuming that is where the time is supposed to go). I get empty parenthesis. Check out the newest nightly to see what I mean.....
Yes, that's precisely what I said. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 11:08:29 pm »
The revision time does not show up in the start here page "()" (assuming that is where the time is supposed to go). I get empty parenthesis. Check out the newest nightly to see what I mean.....
Yes, that's precisely what I said. :)

Oh....  :? I'm lost..... What are the "()" for anyways then?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 11:26:23 pm »
That's where the last commit date goes (if you have Subversion and if svn.exe is in PATH).
If Subversion is found, autorevision will use it to cleanly determine the revision number and last commit time, otherwise it will hack the revision number from the entries file.

Since the nightly builds have empty parentheses, this proves that Lieven doesn't have svn.exe in PATH on his machine. That's fine, it just does not show the commit time :)
No other implications, no problem with that. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 11:27:31 pm »
That's where the last commit date goes (if you have Subversion and if svn.exe is in PATH).
If Subversion is found, autorevision will use it to cleanly determine the revision number and last commit time, otherwise it will hack the revision number from the entries file.

Since the nightly builds have empty parentheses, this proves that Lieven doesn't have svn.exe in PATH on his machine. That's fine, it just does not show the commit time :)

Ok I don't have SVN in my path either so that is my problem. Thanks for explaining. :D