Author Topic: New File shutdown  (Read 19234 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
New File shutdown
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:42:40 pm »
Anyone ever have the problem of Codeblocks shutting down when new file is selected? I have a project with about 15 files in it, and everytime I select new file, I get a blank tab for 1 second, then CB just disapears.

If I select other projects in the workspace, it works fine. The project that crashes has a bunch of txt files added as 'others'. They are just ascii text with some data in them that I've been editing through CB instead of notepad.

I'm using RC2.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 05:45:43 pm by Vampyre_Dark »
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: New File shutdown
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »
I'm using RC2.
Even if others did have this problem, there'd be no reason to post about it. RC2 is so extremely far from being representative of the current state of C::B that this is almost a joke. You've probably already been told about and/or tried a nightly build, but just in case you missed it -- check 'em out.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »
I'm waiting for the one labelled RC3. ;) I don't feel like updating my CB constantly and resetting all my folders and stuff.

is there a known stable one I can stick with?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 06:07:18 pm by Vampyre_Dark »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:40:17 pm »
I'm waiting for the one labelled RC3. ;) I don't feel like updating my CB constantly and resetting all my folders and stuff.

Hello,

I do not think you have to re-set your settings. I build C::B from time to time and my settings are the same. Give it a try. Download a nightly build, install it (not on the RC2) and give it a try.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
is there a known stable one I can stick with?
Given the current revision (2398) was made April 30th, I'd say a build based on it would likely be stable. The most recent nightly is the one previous, and looking at the SVN log I only see a few minor bugfixes since 2390.

I've been using builds of various revisions for the past few months for light development and haven't had a single stability issue. The only reason I've found to update from one nightly to another is a cool feature or two.

Note that you will lose all of your settings after upgrading. However, this would also be the case upgrading from RC2 to RC3, and almost certainly won't be the case upgrading from any recent nightly to RC3.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:36 pm »
Where do I find wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll? Google just brings me to threads in this forum.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »
in the nightly builds, in the post of every nightly you can find the link.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:45:35 pm »
 :D I misread that my first time through. Thanks. It certainly looks a lot better on startup.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:48:45 pm »
damn right, the nightlies are very stable, enjoy !!!

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:55:18 pm »

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:08:06 pm »
My Workspace never opens now when I start the program up. It just says "Loading Workspace" and it never ends. Also, sometimes the taskbar doen't get a CB icon when it's not in focus.

Also, the plugins could be more descriptive. I don't know what some of them do. Their about dialog just lists their name.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 10:15:08 pm »
My Workspace never opens now when I start the program up. It just says "Loading Workspace" and it never ends.
Are there many projects in the workspace ? Big projects ?
Sometimes people complain about the codecompletion plug-in, might be interesting to turn it off, and see if it makes a difference.
This sounds like a real show stopper to me ...
Let's bug hunt ...

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 10:28:51 pm »
The behaviour seems to change as I turn internatlization on and off. Then it just loads a default workspace which is empty.

I said out my workspace as VDARK_WORKSPACE.whatever, and I can just load it up. I have 5 projects in it, and they are not that big. Opening my symbols, I see that I have symbols for each project in my workspace I have opened up.  :shock: Also the view of which symbols to see in the list doesn't match what's actually listed. hmm..

When I have a compiler error the tooltip for it doesn't stay on my screen, it goes off the edge at exactly the same point as the error in the msg pane. Making it useless.

The program doesn't show up in the task bar if it's not in focus when it starts up.

Fold all on open works now. :)

Middle click to close is great. :)

The bloat from the right click menu is gone.

Is there a way to change my workspace into the default one?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 11:03:20 pm »
I confirm : "The program doesn't show up in the task bar if it's not in focus when it starts up. "
Could you file the bugreport on berlios please, thx.

When I have a compiler error the tooltip for it doesn't stay on my screen, it goes off the edge at exactly the same point as the error in the msg pane. Making it useless.
Tooltips for compiler errors ??? Never seen them, tell me tell me ....

Don't quit understand your workspace problem. Can you load each of the projects independently (so no workspace) ?

sethjackson

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 11:12:53 pm »
I confirm : "The program doesn't show up in the task bar if it's not in focus when it starts up. "
Could you file the bugreport on berlios please, thx.

Yeah I have experienced this for a looong time. Never did report it though..... I probably should have....