Author Topic: [Linux]How to remove an old C::B revision (autotools)?  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
[Linux]How to remove an old C::B revision (autotools)?
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:34:47 pm »
Hello,

The first time I have build C::B  on Ubuntu 5.10, I have used the autotools. C:B rev2133 is nicely installed :). Anyway, I would like to remove it to install a .deb package. The package is already installed, but if I do

sudo make uninstall

I remove the package instead of the rev2133 :(.

Should I remove rev2133 manually or there is a better way?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
Re: [Linux]How to remove an old C::B revision (autotools)?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 08:45:54 pm »
I would checkout rev2133 in new directory. Then do the usual configure commands (bootstrap and configure with the same --prefix rev2133 was installed to) and finally a "sudo make uninstall".
This should uninstall the old revision.

Your try to uninstall it, uninstalled the deb package, because it doesn't matter how the files have been installed (through autotools or zhe package manager). autotools removes the files it would install (if you would do a "make install") and these are the same like in the package (if you start make in the same directory which you use to build the package in). ;)
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: [Linux]How to remove an old C::B revision (autotools)?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 08:58:02 pm »
Ok, I understand :).

So, when I will have a bit of free time I will get rev2133 and follow you instuctions :). Anyway, I will download it into a separate folder.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Michael