Author Topic: Library not created with OpenWatcom when building DLL  (Read 6165 times)

Offline wvdakker

• Multiple posting newcomer
Library not created with OpenWatcom when building DLL
« on: April 27, 2006, 11:33:55 am »
I'am using OpenWatcom 1.5 with Codeblocks (rev 2377)
When I have a project which create a DLL file and select 'create import library' no .LIB file is created.
As a workaround I can run 'wlib name.lib +name.dll' but this should be done automaticly....

Or am I missing something here....?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Library not created with OpenWatcom when building DLL
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »
Or am I missing something here....?

No. It's just that support for many of the compilers was contributed by users. Neither I nor Thomas work with OW so I can't possibly know how to set it up. If you 're familiar with it, feel free to enlighten us so we can offer better OW support.
(the same goes for most other compilers too)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline wvdakker

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:18:21 pm »
Neither I nor Thomas work with OW so I can't possibly know how to set it up. If you 're familiar with it, feel free to enlighten us so we can offer better OW support.
(the same goes for most other compilers too)

Ok fair enough  8)
I have added
$lib_linker -q -n -b $static_output +$exe_output
to the advanced options when linking a dll.

How do I get this in the Openwatcom template... :? Should I send a feature request...?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 02:03:36 pm »
How do I get this in the Openwatcom template... :? Should I send a feature request...?
Template files are plain-text, so you can read and edit them with your favourite editor.
Anyway: The advanced compiler settings apply to the compiler, not to a template and/or project. So normally once you've setup the advanced options in the compiler setup this applies to all project/templates (...) based on that compiler.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline wvdakker

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 03:22:41 pm »
Template files are plain-text, so you can read and edit them with your favourite editor.
Anyway: The advanced compiler settings apply to the compiler, not to a template and/or project. So normally once you've setup the advanced options in the compiler setup this applies to all project/templates (...) based on that compiler.

Yes, I know  :P, but I want to do some fine-tuning in the advanced options for the OpenWatcom Compiler.
When I  have done that, I want to get it in the CodeBlocks-build. Spread it out through the community....  :D
But I can't find the file where the compiler depended settings in de CodeBlocks distribution are stored.

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 03:25:07 pm »
Spread it out through the community....  :D
But I can't find the file where the compiler depended settings in de CodeBlocks distribution are stored.
For now, the only way to do that is modifying the source. Just make sure to send a patch when you're done.

The file you'll need to modify is src\plugins\compilergcc\compilerOW.cpp.

Offline wvdakker

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 03:41:06 pm »
Spread it out through the community....  :D
For now, the only way to do that is modifying the source. Just make sure to send a patch when you're done.

The file you'll need to modify is src\plugins\compilergcc\compilerOW.cpp.

Thanks, will do so....