Author Topic: GDB source paths AAARGGHHHH!!!!!!!  (Read 3558 times)

Szczepan Holyszewski

GDB source paths AAARGGHHHH!!!!!!!
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:25:22 pm »
I know this is a GDB question but WHY the hell can't gdb put a breakpoint at ANOTHER LINE OF THE SAME FUNCTION where the yellow arrow currently points?!?!?

At C:/CompileFarm/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.6.2/src/generic/../../src/common/docview.cpp:767
At C:/CompileFarm/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.6.2/src/generic/../../src/common/docview.cpp:790
No source file named C:/CompileFarm/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.6.2/src/common/docview.cpp.
Breakpoint 1 (C:/CompileFarm/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.6.2/src/common/docview.cpp:779) pending.

See? The last "At" line says it stopped in docview.cpp, and gdb seems to KNOW where it is. Why then can't I set a working breakpoint RIGHT ABOVE in the same function? Why does gdb complain that it can't find THE VERY SAME FILE?!?

I tried to add my wxWidgets source paths using the directory command in the C::B debugger settings dialog. I tried all combinations: forward and backward slashes, with and without the volume part, even relative paths from the executable's directory. Nothing. NNNNNNNNOTHING. NO DAMN THING WORKS. AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that C::B successfully adds project source paths to the GDB session - the paths added by C::B actually work, files on those paths actually get found. For chrissake, HOW DO YOU DO IT????????????

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: GDB source paths AAARGGHHHH!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 05:30:19 pm »
1. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING TO SHOUT, STOPPING TO USE ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, AND THANK YOU FOR USING LESS EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. GDB can very well do that. You have probably not set it up correctly.
3. Without accurate information (at the very least, version/release of Code::Blocks and gdb) you will get no help. Nobody can tell you what is wrong if you don't tell them what versions you are using.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."