Author Topic: ctrl-tab behavior  (Read 3251 times)

tstrimp

ctrl-tab behavior
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:16:21 am »
I'm not sure if it is standard behavior or not but I've gotten used to ctrl-tab in an editor behaving like alt-tab does on windows. If you just press ctrl-tab and release it switches between the last 2 files viewed. If you hold ctrl and keep pressing tab then it will start cycling through the other open files. This method is quite a bit easier to work with as if you use ctrl tab it is often ust to switch between a few files and you wont want to cycle through all of the open ones. Would it be possible to add this behavior via a plugin? Does anyone else like the idea?

Offline sque

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: ctrl-tab behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 06:46:01 am »
I think you are right, It would be better in this way. Especially when working on a project with many files and you implement a class (header - source) you constanly change between those 2 windows.
Tell me a bug and I 'll tell you two  :twisted:

Offline eranif

• Regular
Re: ctrl-tab behavior
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:46:01 am »
Hi,
This behavior is part of the wxFlatNotebook (the container for all the tabs in C::B), I am currently implementing it, so once I will finish it, and if the developers here will choose to integrate the new wxflatnotebook, you will have it along with other changes.

Eran