Author Topic: My system hangs when trying to open any file, MDI Bug ?  (Read 16952 times)

frog-o

My system hangs when trying to open any file, MDI Bug ?
« on: April 29, 2005, 04:10:22 pm »
You don't say what you mean buy the MDI bug.  
on
http://www.codeblocks.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=270

What is it doing?

I compiled my code::block a few day ago the only thing I had wrong with it was It did not maximize the first open window(even though it showed it maxumized) now that I updated my cvs version I can't open A single file in the MDI Parrent.

Is the system Hang when try to open progets the Mid bug your talking about ? If so you can help correct maybe correct some of these issue buy looking at what you change.

P.s I can't post on the devolper web sit becuase i'm not regester.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 05:37:25 pm »
You don't say what you mean buy the MDI bug

the only thing I had wrong with it was It did not maximize the first open window

That's the MDI problem, but it has nothing to do with freezing the app or the computer.

You don't give us any actual info to help you...
Please post the C::B version. If it's CVS, also post the wxWidgets version...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:00:12 pm »
Hello, maybe it's same problem I've got. After updating C::B from cvs yesterday (28.04) it starteed to behave very strange after opening any editor inside C::B.
First symptoms are that only the editor's window is responding for events (mouse and keyboard). After switching to another application and switching back to C::B it is not responding at all (and almost all CPU is used by this frozen instance of C::B). So i suppose that some event handles hangs up.
Of course when C::B is opening it's default workspace during initialization and is opening any files (in edit window) it hangs up at the beginning.
I'm using wxWidgets 2.6.0 but few days before everything was working properly with these libraries

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 06:10:15 pm »
Please do a cvs update and see if it persists. I fixed something related to events, just a little while ago...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 06:42:10 pm »
Quote from: mandrav
Please do a cvs update and see if it persists. I fixed something related to events, just a little while ago...

Heh, see no changes in cvs tree. Maybe anonymous acces is cached.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 07:39:19 pm »
Heh, see no changes in cvs tree. Maybe anonymous acces is cached.

Yes, it takes 5-6 hrs to become up-to-date...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 08:13:09 pm »
I sorry About my very first post.  My app is hanging not system.
I'm using wxwidgets 2.6.0(compiled following thew instruction on  

http://www.codeblocks.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=270)

I asumed that since i pointed too this you would know I'm using wxwidgets 2.6.0 compiled with mingw.

I'm using the lattest mingw gotten thou dev-cpp package system the (the last i check). I just download the latest from cvs at 1:40 and did a rebuild still did not work. It took a little wile to write this and compile.

The pupouse I oridally wrote this is two figure out what rickg22 meant buy mdi bug and let you know there was a problem with the app compile from cvs,  I did not mean for you to try to solve my problem.  I was hopeing i could do this myself.  Even tho any help would greatly be apperrcated.

Thank to all that help and rickg22 who i seen help a lot on the forms.  You  guy are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 09:28:03 pm »
Well, we're working on the MDI bug. And by "MDI bug" Yiannis meant the weird behavior in open windows.

Let's see how he does with the data i sent him. Still, if your build keeps w/o working you might have to build using wxWidgets 2.4.2. That's the one I use.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 08:10:30 pm »
Quote from: mandrav

Sorry for no reply (I've got computerless weekend :) )
Bug with hanging up events has been succesfully removed (although MDI bug still remains, the application is not hanging up, can open new edit windows with no harm).

Thx, Yannis for your fix (I can not work on new wersion of C::B  :D )

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 08:23:33 pm »
Sorry, I haven't been able to test it. Here's a question. The version which crashed, did it also crash whenever you opened a bracket?

if(something)
  somethingelse;

change to:

if(something)
{ <- when pressing csrdown from here, it hanged on me.
  somethingelse;

Does it work fine now (built with wxwidgets 2.4.2) ?

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 04:53:02 pm »
last friday I tryed the latest cvs and did a rebuild at about 5:50 an it got rid of the problem.  It even fix the mdi bug from what i can see.  Is there any way i can see what you don to fix these problems.  I don't know how to use cvs.  I just follow the instruction on faq in order to download.  

P.s I'm also sorry i did not reply sooner I felt six sunday and saturday i was working alot on try to (create a plugin for for widget creation toobar.)  If I feel like i acumplise anything I will email it to codeblock administrator but i don't think there going to here from me.  I'm not very fast at programing and dll's are verry knew to me.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 08:02:01 pm »
There are CVS tutorials on the web. It's kinda... long to explain, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy :)

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 04:44:12 pm »
I know i took a look at it and it gave me a head-ack.  I don't realy want to spend the my time keep looking at it.  It all about how to use the cvs buy comand-prompt  And is very long and borring i keep have to re-read what i read becuse i keep zooning out.  
I rather put my effort to codeing.
But Thank Anyway.  Please note I tryed the latest from cvs yesterday and the midi bug was back how odd?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 07:50:13 pm »
Have you tried downloading TortoiseCVS (tortoisecvs.org) ? That's what I use :)

Anyway, the MDI bug never went away as far as i know. It only happens on wx2.6.

Finally, mind registering in the forums? If you're working on C::B, you better get a username :)

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 03:52:44 pm »
I down load it.  it a very good program.  It just need more turtorial i probly sould ask them to implement one on gitting dif.