Author Topic: How to change the background color of "Other" files?  (Read 4701 times)

Offline lphilpot

• Multiple posting newcomer
How to change the background color of "Other" files?
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:22:19 pm »
I like my source files with a dark background / light text and the current line highlighted with just a slightly less dark background. Looks great (to me, at least  :)). Trouble is, when I load a non-syntax-highlighted file (e.g., *.txt), it defaults to a white background and black text. That would be OK, but my current line background still appears, making that line virtually unreadable. Ideally, I'd like to set default colors for all files, but if I can do that, I must have overlooked it somewhere.

Is it possible to set a global default for unrecognized file types?

Thanks!

(great product, BTW; Kudos to everyone involved)

Offline kidmosey

• MUSITU International
Re: How to change the background color of "Other" files?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:12:47 am »
Using the nightlies:

Settings->Editor->Syntax Highlighting

Add *.* to the list of filemasks for C/C++.  Anything that isn't somewhere else in the list (HTML, XML, etc..), will recieve the C/C++ syntax highlighting by default.  This might not be a very elegant solution, but it's easier than defining your own; although you might look into adding your own "default" lexer/parser with the *.* filemask.

Another (better) option would be to implement this in the "General Settings" font selector.  Right now, the color selection doesn't work and only sets the foreground color.
3 years until google knows more than god.

Offline lphilpot

Re: How to change the background color of "Other" files?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:01:27 am »
Settings->Editor->Syntax Highlighting

Add *.* to the list of filemasks for C/C++.

Good idea - Instead of C/C++, I just picked another filetype that I never encounter (AngelScript, maybe?), changed all the styles to the same colors and added *.* to the filemasks. Works like a champ.

You're right about modifying "General Settings" being the best approach, but I'm not to that level of ability yet (and unless I magically get massive amounts of free time, I probably never will be, despite my wishes... :?)

Thanks!