Author Topic: Precompiled Header support  (Read 3618 times)

Zephiris

Precompiled Header support
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:27:40 pm »
I'm getting roughly the same issue as described in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2254.0, but having to do specifically with precompiled header support.
If I select 'Generate PCH in a directory alongside original header', it works fine, aside from that multiple configurations on the same project (ala debug and release targets) will use both precompiled headers in the same directory. If I select the default, 'Generate PCH in the object output dir', which should in theory fix that, it won't get included or even really created because of -I- (which is deprecated, and nasty).
There may be an order of operations at work, here. The 'defines' seem to arbitrarily come last in things.  I can't find any way to have the forced PCH -include after the defines, which is also needed for it to work. The order of operations I'm used to (and usually works rather well) is defines, then options, then includes, which I can't really 'fix' with Code::Blocks. But it's probably the -I- being thrown into the mix causing all of the damage. Any way to fix this? It'd be disappointing to have to change to something else, as builds with precompiled headers, lots of C++ templating, are very fast, those without are absurdly slow.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Precompiled Header support
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:17:08 pm »
Until a satisfactory alternative is found, today's commit log shows:

Quote from: SVN log
* Added compiler option (in "Other" page) to explicitely add the project's top-level directory in the compiler's search paths. Option is off by default.

Although you 're not saying what problem exactly you 're having, if it is any similar to the topic you linked this should fix it for now.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...