Author Topic: Can't start codeblocks after recompiled kernel.  (Read 3868 times)

mchrk

Can't start codeblocks after recompiled kernel.
« on: April 12, 2006, 06:15:22 pm »
I recompiled my kernel (2.6.15-gentoo-r7) on gentoo (linux) to add Capabilities and changed the "Processor type and features" -> "Preemption Model" to "Preemptile kernel (low-latency desktop), and also "Timer frequence" to "100hz".

And now I can't start codeblocks, I have even tried the latest build (some minutes ago). But I get the message "Something has gnone wrong inside Code::Blocks and it will terminate immediately. Wer are sorry for the inconvenience".

I haven't reinstalled any software, just the kernel. But Codeblocks doesn't depend on anything in there?

mchrk

Re: Can't start codeblocks after recompiled kernel.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:27:45 pm »
Hmm, I removed the plugins in my /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins and then I can start codeblocks, just need to find out wich plugin that bugs.

mchrk

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 06:39:21 pm »
Okey, find the plugin that makes Codeblocks generate that message.
It is the "libdebugger.so". One thing that is strange is that there is no libdebugger.la, shouldn't it be a file called that?
Every plugin else has a .so and a .la.

Probobly the --enable-debug that make this "bug"?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:42:59 pm by mchrk »

mchrk

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:16:04 pm »
Hmm weird. Now I don't have problem with starting codeblocks. But sometimes when I have opened a project (in this case the codeblock project) and open a file, then exit codeblocks I get the same error message poping up. But in the console I get "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1d724)!". It is no problem because the error popups after I have exited codeblocks, it is just anoying :P