Author Topic: help geting " error while loading shared libraries"  (Read 9989 times)

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
help geting " error while loading shared libraries"
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:33:26 am »
I would love to think i'm an expert but that would be greatly ex-zat-er-rating if i did not outright lie.  Every time i try to compile codeblock for linux I get some werd erorr i can't seem to fix . 

I compiled from svn this morning and am using gcc version  gcc version 3.3.5-20050130 (Gentoo 3.3.5.20050130-r1, ssp-3.3.5.20050130-1, pie-8.7.7.1)
 and runing gentoo wxgtk 2.6.2-rc1 ebuild. the program seem to compile fine but when i go to run it it give me

error while loading shared libraries: libcodeblocks.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I typed

export PATH=/usr/local/lib/:$PATH

echo $PATH wich displayed

/usr/local/lib/:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kde/3.4/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i386-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/3.3.5-20050130:/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/bin:/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/jre/bin:/usr/qt/3/bin:/usr/kde/3.4/bin

and run codeblocks again it still gave me the error
I tryed building the source from the dowmload section but it failded during configureing with

onfigure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
.infig.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile

Can someone tell me how to fix one or the other error so i run codeblock thanks.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:33:46 am by frog-o »

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
Re: help geting " error while loading shared libraries"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 04:00:27 am »
search path of share library in Linux and most of the *nix is determined by the /etc/ld.so.conf (or something like this) and also the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

add the following to line to the ld.so.conf
<your wxGTK library path>
/usr/local/lib

save it .

at terminal run
ldconfig

Try to run codeblocks again  (the SVN version)

p/s: If not mistaken , the source you download at the download section is RC1 which was coded on the CVS and still contains the CR/LF problem . Although can be solved, I still strongly recommend you to use the SVN version it is far far (x n )  advance and stable than the RC-1

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 09:03:58 pm »
Hello,

Just a suggestion. Try to use a newer compiler. I use GCC 4.0.2 on Ubuntu and all works fine.

Also this could help:

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Code::Blocks_in_Gentoo
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Code::Blocks_in_Linux_%28applies_to_all_distros%29

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:12:03 pm »
Thank alot for the replys. I would not mind upgrading my compiler but I am afraid of it breaking my os(wich is broken enouph the way it is(i not a real good linux administrator no mater how much I try).   I read that gcc sometime brack the abi and have not check to see if the new gcc would hurt the abi) beside that I can't get anything but dialup internet connection and gcc is quit big to download(upgrade might be different) it usaly take over 4 hours to download the full source.

I did get it work thou so I don't have to wory about that.  I ran ldconfig as Posted by: cyberkoa

Again thankyou alot espesally cyberkoa for your help.

:D Weeeeeeeee I off to get confused buy something else.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:32:29 pm »
search path of share library in Linux and most of the *nix is determined by the /etc/ld.so.conf (or something like this) and also the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

add the following to line to the ld.so.conf
<your wxGTK library path>
/usr/local/lib

save it .

at terminal run
ldconfig

Try to run codeblocks again  (the SVN version)

Hello,

I have successfully compiled C::B under Gentoo 2006.0 and I have also had that problems (and some others, but nothing than a good fourm search could not solve :)). Anyway, the library pathes was set already in the /etc/ld.so.conf.

Anyway, I had to run ldconfig too. If not, the libcodeblocks.so.0 was not found.

With Ubuntu 5.10, I did not have that problem.

Could someone explain me why in Gentoo I did have to run ldconfig, when the libraries where already in the ld.so.conf file?

Anyway, I have tried a bit C::B in Gentoo and it works smoothly. No crashes, no big problems....but I still have to test it more in depth...

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael