Author Topic: fonts in message panes are too small  (Read 4749 times)

TF

fonts in message panes are too small
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:29:50 pm »
Hi,

I've tested C::B 1.0 RC2 and I like it :) but there's one problem:
the fonts in "Search Results", "Build Log" and "Build Messages" are too small. The font sizes in the other message panes are ok. How can I change these font sizes?

Please help! It's very hard to read the messages :( . They look like 8 pt fonts. In the other panes I've set the font size over config menus to 14 pt ...

I'm using Debian Etch with kernel 2.6.12 and FVWM (resolution 1920x1440). KDE 3.5 is installed, too. Also I've installed "KDE styles and Fonts" and set GTK Styles and GTK Fonts to "Use my KDE 'settings' to GTK aplications". In the KDE settings all font sizes are 14 pt.

Best Regards,

TF

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: fonts in message panes are too small
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:04:42 pm »
This is a known problem in RC2. Use a more recent version, either the nightly deb build, or build your own from scratch, alltogether.

Since you're a Linux user, you're building your own anyway (even when using RC2), so it won't make a huge difference to you.

Do something like:
apt-get wxGTK wxGTK-devel automake subversion (if not installed)
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk ; \
cd trunk && ./bootstrap ; ./configure ; make ; make install
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

JohnyDog

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:10:11 pm »
I have the same problem with latest svn (revision 2513), i can change font for editor in settings, font for menus etc in .gtkrc, but the messages/build font is still small no matter what.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 08:42:50 pm »
I have the same problem with latest svn (revision 2513), i can change font for editor in settings, font for menus etc in .gtkrc, but the messages/build font is still small no matter what.

Settings->Environment->View->Message Log Font Size.

It changes all but the Find-in-Files font, but there's a pending patch for that.

JohnyDog

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
Settings->Environment->View->Message Log Font Size.

It changes all but the Find-in-Files font, but there's a pending patch for that.

Ah, thanks, missed this one :)