Author Topic: QT plugin compilation problems  (Read 16037 times)

Nazgob

QT plugin compilation problems
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:35:49 pm »
Hej,
I know this topic is "hot" and was discussed a lot of times but... I cannot find a solution. I just need QT4 in C::B. I have been using C::B rc2 both on Linux and Win for normal C++ coding so far. Now I want to code with QT4. I decided to upgrade with nighty build and it's great! My version is 2264. After checking forum and few topics about it I decided to try plugin for QT. I have wx source and c::b source and when C::B prompted me that global variables are missing(when opening plugin project) I just have provided correct directories. So far so good. Unfortunatly I don't know what to do later -> it does not compile. I get a lot of errors, the first one are about missing files settings.h, cbproject.h and compiler.h...
In build options all looks OK, I have 3 includes for CB and 3 for WX($(#CB) etc). I have also added "hard coded" directories like E:\wxWidgets\2.6.3\include etc. Still nothing. After succesful compilation I would get DLL? If my description does not help maybe some good man(with 2264 build) will send me a one to my email?

--
Thanks in anvance,
Nazgob
www.nazgob.com

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: QT plugin compilation problems
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:45:52 pm »
Just built it for linux (the same version that you can download from the forum thread). A known issue that we 've discussed with mandrav is that in linux you have to go to project properties and choose "Generate PCH in a directory alongside original header" or else wx-config backtick won't have any affect on the project options. But for windows it builds flawlesly  :?
Anyway your error shows that the C::B sources can't be found. Do you have the latest sources from SVN (*not* the RC2 SDK)? Also that global variable for C::B sources should point to the src directory of the sources (if you see the compiler include dirs you 'll get the idea).
 Anyway tommorow (it's kind of late here now and I have to work tommorow) when I return from work I'll boot up windows and see what goes on.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:48:41 pm by yop »
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:47:02 am »
Just built it for linux (the same version that you can download from the forum thread). A known issue that we 've discussed with mandrav is that in linux you have to go to project properties and choose "Generate PCH in a directory alongside original header" or else wx-config backtick won't have any affect on the project options. But for windows it builds flawlesly  :?
lol, I discovered that (for wx-config on Windows) the hard way. :P
Indeed PCHMODE works in mode 0 and 2, but not 1.

Nazgob

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:16:24 am »
Ok, thx for quick support :) You were right, there was problem with CB sources. I belive now it's OK couse I'm getting different kind of errors... A lot of errrors(52) from wx include files like: wxchar.h, msgout.h, object.h. Looks like C++ errors not compiler ones... Just a few:
missing binary operator before token "("
expected ',' before
ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'sth' with no type

and so on. I have wx sources version 2.6.3. Idea?

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 08:55:18 am »
Ι 'll see it this afternoon (I'll give you my paths to compare). This plugin has quite a few downloads and I've had 3 or 4 complaints for the build procedure, mostly because they didn't have wxWidgets or C::B sources. This is the first time that actually something goes wrong. Stick around we 'll get to the bottom of it.
Just for clarifying things I haven't built a QuickTime (QT) plugin but a Qt plugin ;).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:57:27 am by yop »

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:01:55 am »
If the plugin is small and don't have QT dependencies, it could be made a contrib plugin ;)

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 09:18:13 am »
If the plugin is small and don't have QT dependencies, it could be made a contrib plugin ;)
It has no Qt deps when building it (I was specifically carefull about that). You are so very right for the contrib, this standalone approach that I chose was wrong after all. I 've allready decided to wrap it up as a contrib next time.

Nazgob

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:29:52 pm »
So? Any remarks about my include paths? Is it correct?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 08:32:51 pm »
I've "updated" QTWorkbench to work with current SVN head. Find the archive attached. Please put it in the src\plugins\contrib folder and it should compile and work properly... at least the windows version.
With regards, Morten.

Edit: File has been moved to http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2253.new
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:50:59 am by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 10:50:35 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to do that :)
Could you place the attachment to the QtWorkbench plugin thread?

Nazgob

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 12:54:32 pm »
Crap again :( Again errors in wx source. Which wx version source do you use?

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:37:54 pm »
Crap again :( Again errors in wx source. Which wx version source do you use?
2.6.2 unicode single dll