Author Topic: QT and C::B problem - header files not found  (Read 16742 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: QT and C::B problem - header files not found
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 12:46:22 pm »
I have had a look at file property. I would like to ask if under Properties-->Advanced tab the custom build needs to be related to a C::B compiler (e.g., GCC) or if an external tool can be called. Just for info, VS in its "Custom Build" has 4 parts: Command line, Description, Outputs and Additional Dependencies. This makes relatively easy to manage Qt special files.

Best wishes,
Michael

No, you can write whatever command-line you want in there. For accepted macros, look in compiler advanced options.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 12:53:47 pm »
I have had a look at file property. I would like to ask if under Properties-->Advanced tab the custom build needs to be related to a C::B compiler (e.g., GCC) or if an external tool can be called. Just for info, VS in its "Custom Build" has 4 parts: Command line, Description, Outputs and Additional Dependencies. This makes relatively easy to manage Qt special files.

Best wishes,
Michael

No, you can write whatever command-line you want in there. For accepted macros, look in compiler advanced options.

Thanks for the answer :). Then it should be possible to use this custom build for the .ui and Q_OBJECT files (headers). I will give it a try and see how it works. But may be yop has already tried it.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 03:00:58 pm »
...But may be yop has already tried it...
YoP is still working. Patience :)
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 03:04:50 pm »
...But may be yop has already tried it...
YoP is still working. Patience :)

Hello,

No problems. I have a lot of patience :D.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 08:39:37 pm »
Well, don't sweat over this too much. The new compiler definition framework is planned before the next release so it would then be possible to support QT natively :)
Yeah I 've seen that in a post you made in the night builds section and I 'm waiting. I 'll sure make suggestions on this one when it gets out (if it makes me stop using qmake which I find an excellent tool, then you 'll really have surprised me).
EDIT: If I remember well, back from my QT days, moc (for headers) and uic (for .ui files) are the only extra needed programs/steps. Right?
The only addition is a resources compiler in Qt 4. This one is used for the Qt reources (creating a single binary with all the necessary bitmaps etc.). Anyway the main idea is the one you post (uic and moc) and the main problems I can see are these automagically generated sources (that you can't add to the project as they change automatically). I really find Qt the most user friendly toolkit but this meta compilation thingy is the price you have to pay for it.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.