Author Topic: The 29 march 2006 build is out.  (Read 30628 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: The 29 march 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 08:18:06 pm »
totally off topic : the first CB user convention could be held in Greece, while the second one could be held in Belgium. The closing acitivity could be a "beer" sampling evening.  :P
I have a dream ....  :D

Well that would be a good idea :D. Greece is a wonderful country (I was in Athen one time and somewhere else around 30 years ago). Regarding the beer sampling evening it would be good (if your hotel is near :wink:). I have skipped already one when I was in Ghent for a project meeting :(... and my colleague told me it was so cool...:roll:

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline inttec

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 12:45:55 am »
 :D
Hi people, Thanks for these nice nightly builds. They have been very useful since I started  using wxWidgets projects provided by Code::Blocks on Windows (2k).
 :(Now I have to start my work on Linux - FC4,  where I have wxWidgets 2.6.2 installed, and when I tried to install this build (Rev2274),  I got the following message "wxGTK >= 2.6.0 is needed by codeblocks-1.0_0.svn.2274-0.fc4.i686" and cannot find this version in wxWidgets site.
Would it be possible to have an link like there is one for windows dll ?  May be an rpm that install just the binaries/libraries for having wxGTK 2.6.0 available ?

:DThanks again for this fantastic  C++ IDE.
 :lol:

Offline inttec

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 12:53:04 am »

Hi,
Sorry by my mistake.  I just found that my liabraries on wxGTK 2.6.2 were compiled with no unicode option, that is needed by CodeBlocks, so they were not found.

Even though, thanks for having this fantastic C++ IDE.

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 01:14:12 am »
Sorry by my mistake.  I just found that my liabraries on wxGTK 2.6.2 were compiled with no unicode option, that is needed by CodeBlocks, so they were not found.

Hello,

May be this post could be helpful to get FC4 wxGTK 2.6.2 package to run C::B.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline inttec

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 04:14:57 am »
Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for having your help.  Finally I could start Code::Blocks rev 2274 on my FC4 system, not after making a great number of tries, as I am starting with it.  When I realize that the correct wxGTK was those that was in freshrpms (0.2.2) the things gone well.

I verified that there are a lot of updates on XRCs on Windows's version that were not updated on FC4 version. Some of them I fixed just copying the zip files from "Code::Blocks windows version build" to here, but others I cannot find what is the correct solution.  Code::Blocks is starting ok and sometimes crashes with "file not found". The last one was codeblocks.xml.

There is one plugin (wxSmith) that is not starting because it was built with a different Code::Blocks SDK version, that is, Plugin's SDK version is 1.6.11 and my Code::Blocks SDK version is 1.6.12 (/usr/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmith.so), but it doesn't matter to me because I'm using XRCEdit.

So, it would be an good idea to have an update review on nightly builds for FC4, in order to have one of the nexts  builds synchronized with the windows version.

I'd like to thank you for helping me and as I am working in an project that will have to run on Windows and Linux FC4, using the same source code, may be I could help someone that have the same problem.

Now I am dealing with the fact of having different formats of shared libraries between Windows (DLLs) and Linux (SOs) and the first one need an "DllMain", but I don't know what is the equivalent (if there is one) on SOs.

When I discover what is needed to have an "Shared Library" source code identical on Windows and Linux,  I will publish it  (I don't know if it is my ignorance, but there is no such information clearly available, even searching on Googles or in wxWidgets site).

Thanks again for every person that works hard for giving us Code:Blocks IDE.

Alcindo

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 11:48:51 am »
Hello inttec,

Happy that it works :).

I am not sure that it is a good idea to copy updates from Windows to FC4 (but I could be wrong here). I would suggest you or to wait for a new package for FC4 or to build C::B by yourself. In the latter case you should install subversion if not already done, download SVN sources and build C::B + contr. plugins by using the CodeBlocks-unix.cbp and ContribPlugins-unix.workspace (my prefered way :D). Anyway do not forget the update :).

Regarding the DllMain, I have found this post in the wxWidgets forum that could be of some interest.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 02:22:38 pm »
So, it would be an good idea to have an update review on nightly builds for FC4, in order to have one of the nexts  builds synchronized with the windows version.
There will be fc4 nightlies again next time. I will upload rev2288 today and later the nightly of today.
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline inttec

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 04:49:35 pm »
Hi Michael,

Thanks for having one more help from you.
I got the "post" and after testing its directions I'll post the results.

Best wishes,
Alcindo.
 :) :) :)

Offline Tjaalie

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 12:10:02 pm »
Im so sorry for you guys,
Talking about begium beer and UK beer while the best beer comes from holland.
No way anybody or anything can match with HEINEKEN.
So killerbot (I think they sell it there too) when you are once In holland.
Pass by in Doesburg and go and drnik an real beer with me  :D .

Tjaalie,

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 05:35:10 pm »
let's have NOT a beer fight ok  :D