Author Topic: debugging - no highlighting, no watches refresh  (Read 4857 times)

UroS

debugging - no highlighting, no watches refresh
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:56:08 pm »
Hello
I have a problem when debugging. There is no line highlighting so I can't tell which line I'm at. Watches also don't refresh automatically, they only refresh when I add/remove a new watch. Otherwise the debugging seems to be working.
I built Code::Blocks from SVN source rev. 2260, my debugger is gdb 6.3.

Max

Re: debugging - no highlighting, no watches refresh
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:52:18 pm »
Hello,

I can confirm the issue. Moving from 2247 to 2260 (Windows XP SP2) I got a broken interface to gdb (6.3).

Debug seems impossible, nothing appears or will be updated. Using the Task Manager I can observe an
instance of my program running, but the debugger seems frozen.

Using the console interface everything work.

Max

Offline klight

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:56:05 pm »
The problem apears to be with watching variables.  If you disable the watch window the debugger seems to work as expected.  :?  I've also found that disabling the "Watch function arguments" and "Watch local variables" seems to reduce the hang.

It appears to be the GDB interface getting stuck "expanding" the watched variables.

Max

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 06:37:13 pm »
Hello,

In my case the debugger does not work with or without the Watches window.

By

Max

Max

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 06:46:34 pm »
Hello,

An update,

I observed that sending a "Step into" command (using the button in the toolbar or using the menu) the
debugger starts, and it seems working (updating the Watches window). In the past it was not necessary to push a
"setp into" to start debugging. Maybe is a new feature of the plugin.

Bye Max.

darkwalk

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
Don't forget also that when displaying an array, the watch window only displays values that are unique.  Ie: {0,0,0} will be displayed as {0}.  Its so frustrating debugging!  I hope the developers can fix things soon..  I don't mean to complaint.  Except for debugging, code::blocks works wonders though!  Keep up the good work developers.