Author Topic: wxWidgets 2.6 (MSW, GCC) installation instructions  (Read 145527 times)

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
wxWidgets 2.6 (MSW, GCC) installation instructions
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 10:30:59 pm »
Another problem solving tips .

If you cannot compile wxwidgets-2.6.x in both MSYS or command prompt, and receive message /usr/bin/sh
blu blu blu ...

Try to take out the C:\MSYS\1.0\bin from the path , because it default to use the /usr/bin/sh to execute all the command

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 08:56:31 am »
Anybody try to compile codeblocks using wxwidgets-2.6.1 UNICODE ?

I have tried to compile following the official instruction with the UNICODE option change to 1 .
wxwidgets compile successfully , stc also.

CB also compiled successfully , but the linking having some problem

It seems like related to XRC because it could not find the function  ... XmlGetXRCID something like that (the error msg)

I could not post the msg now bcos I am not using my PC ..  , if anyone hv this experience hope you can share it

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 09:00:40 am »
above is me , the log on time out ..

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 08:33:11 pm »
I think I make mistake , I did not successfully compile the Unicode version because I just found out that I did not turn wxUSE_UNICODE on  :oops:

Now still trying...

DreadNot

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 12:49:41 am »
I compiled it OK.  The XRC (wxxrc) lib no longer exists standalone in wx2.6.0/1. Its included in the wxmsw26 lib via MONOLITHIC=1 USE_XRC=1.  Make sure your using this lib in your link, that it was compiled correctly, and your referencing the proper lib directory.

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 04:25:34 pm »
I have a problem trying to compile wxWidgets 2.6.1 with Code::Blocks/MinGW integrated package.
I always get an error telling "gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1'
What's wrong with my setup as I only installed C::B and MinGW together ?
Thanks

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 03:15:50 am »
I can compile 2.6.1 of wxWidgets using make & msys, but I can't do it with the mingw32-make.  When I use make, it doesn't end up in the gcc_dll directory.  I manually created those directories.  I get the following when trying to compile with mingw32-make from the command prompt:

Code
C:\development\projects\WX_2_6_1\wxWidgets\build\msw>mingw32-make.exe -f makefil
e.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 USE_XRC=1 UNICODE=0 VENDOR=CB

gcc -c -o gcc_mswdll\wxregex_regcomp.o  -O2 -mthreads  -DHAVE_W32API_H -I..\..\i
nclude -I..\..\lib\gcc_dll\msw -D__WXMSW__    ../../src/regex/regcomp.c
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), gcc -c -o gcc_mswdll\wxregex_regcomp.o -O2
-mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -I..\..\include -I..\..\lib\gcc_dll\msw -D__WXMSW__ ..
/../src/regex/regcomp.c, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [gcc_mswdll\wxregex_regcomp.o] Error 2

I have make: 3.80.0-3
winXP SP2 for my windows version

So, I don't think that's the problem.  I did run a ./configure in msys first because I tried make when I got the error first.

Thank you in advance.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 08:54:03 am »
Are your paths setup right?
Also, is there gcc.exe in mingw's bin directory? If not copy mingw32-gcc.exe to gcc.exe. Do the same for g++.exe.
Although, I have to say, I never encountered this issue.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2005, 02:42:08 am »
what paths?  I can compile with make.  What paths does mingw32-gcc.exe need?  I will try moving them.  I will try and check back later--if I can find the site.

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 03:21:40 am »
I got it compiling.  Just incase anyone else has the problem, I will post what I had done.  When I installed mingw32-make.exe I installed it under the mingw directory, and I put that path under the path environment variable.  It didn't have all the other files.  I copied the file into the main bin directory with the other programs, and then reset the path variable to that directory.  After that I tried compiling with mingw32-make at the command prompt.  It's compiling upstairs as I type this.  We'll see if I have other problems.  I added --jobs=3 to the arguments because that should allow 3 to compile at once if possible.  Thanks for the help.  :)
jmccay

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 09:02:31 am »
I added --jobs=3 to the arguments because that should allow 3 to compile at once if possible.

AFAIK this doesn't work under windows...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: wxWidgets 2.6 (MSW, GCC) installation instructions
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2005, 09:19:31 pm »
I did eventually find out that --jobs doesn't work without sh.  Oh well.  After compiling successfully, I found out I didn't have the same version of Mingw as that in the packaged version of cb.  I got a compiled with different versions error.

I decided to set my path to the codeblocks bin (C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin) and (C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\mingw32\bin) and now I get a bunch of duplicate warnings similar to:

Code
../../include/wx/string.h:58: warning: type attributes are honored only at type definition

then at the end I get stuff like this:

Code
gcc_mswdll\basedll_archive.o(.data$_ZTI21wxArchiveClassFactory[typeinfo for wxAr
chiveClassFactory]+0x0):archive.cpp: first defined here
gcc_mswdll\basedll_zipstrm.o(.rdata$_ZTS21wxArchiveClassFactory[typeinfo name fo
r wxArchiveClassFactory]+0x0):zipstrm.cpp: multiple definition of `typeinfo name
 for wxArchiveClassFactory'

I want to make sure wxWidegts 2.6.1 with patch is compiled with the same version as CodeBlocks.  Unfortunately, downloading a new version of Mingw until I get my car back from the shop.  Any suggestions.  Once I get everything up and running I want to help out with cb development.  I like cb because of its modular design.
jmccay

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2005, 10:20:24 pm »
   I decided to set my path to the codeblocks bin (C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin) and (C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\mingw32\bin) and now I get a bunch of duplicate warnings similar to:

Code
../../include/wx/string.h:58: warning: type attributes are honored only at type definition

About the million warnings when compiling wx itself or a wx-based app (talking about wx2.6.1), I found that if you use gcc-3.4.4 they don't appear  :?
Previous C::B-mingw bundles provided gcc-3.4.2 IIRC. The next release, due out any time now, will contain gcc-3.4.4 so these warnings will be history, hopefully.

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline kagerato

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • kagerato.net
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005, 11:44:13 pm »
About the million warnings when compiling wx itself or a wx-based app (talking about wx2.6.1), I found that if you use gcc-3.4.4 they don't appear  :?
Previous C::B-mingw bundles provided gcc-3.4.2 IIRC. The next release, due out any time now, will contain gcc-3.4.4 so these warnings will be history, hopefully.

Yiannis.

I was wondering what all that talk about mass warnings was about.  About two weeks ago I compiled wxWidgets with GCC 3.4.x and didn't receive any error or warning messages.  Glad that mystery is solved.