Author Topic: Solved: C::B Warning: "At least one global..."  (Read 3351 times)

RKCole

Solved: C::B Warning: "At least one global..."
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:41:48 am »
Hello, everyone.

Sorry for the bother with this, but I was unable to find anything on this while searching the forums.

I just installed the latest nightly build (March 21, 2006), and when I try to create a new wxWidgets appliation I receive the warning: "At least one global variable is in use but not yet defined..."  I have the nightly build installed in its own directory ("C:\Codeblocks"), and I still have RC2 installed at ("C:\Program Files\Codeblocks").  Could the RC2 installation be a source to this problem or am I on the wrong track here?

Once again, I am sorry for the bother with this.  I had not seen this problem previously except when I (being the newbie that I was...) tried to install the nightly over RC2.

Thanks greatly in advance for any suggestions.

Take care.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:55:50 am by RKCole »

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: C::B Warning: "At least one global..."
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:37:12 am »
This is not actually a problem so much as a helpful hint from Code::Blocks. The wxWidgets C::B template relies on the global variable WX, which should be set to the base directory of your wxWidgets installation (e.g. C:\wxWidgets-2.6.2). The Global Variables dialog is reached from the Settings menu.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

RKCole

Re: C::B Warning: "At least one global..."
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:45:45 am »
Wow...wish I would have thought of that.  Quick and easy!  Thanks for the help on that, TDragon.  I'll remember that the next time this happens (if it happens).

Thanks again.  Problem solved.

Take care.