Author Topic: NSIS lexer  (Read 11490 times)

sethjackson

NSIS lexer
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:15:37 pm »
Hi I've been working on a NSIS lexer (which I will submit to the tracker as soon as I solve this problem).

So the problem is this.

Code: xml
<!-- Variables -->
                        <Set index="1"
                            value="$0 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $R0 $R1 $R2 $R3 $R4 $R5 $R6 $R7
                                   $R8 $R9 $\t $\" $\' $\` $VARNAME $0, $INSTDIR $OUTDIR $CMDLINE
                                   $LANGUAGE $PROGRAMFILES $COMMONFILES $DESKTOP $EXEDIR ${NSISDIR}
                                   $WINDIR $SYSDIR $TEMP $STARTMENU $SMPROGRAMS $SMSTARTUP
                                   $QUICKLAUNCH $DOCUMENTS $SENDTO $RECENT $FAVORITES $MUSIC
                                   $PICTURES $VIDEOS $NETHOOD $FONTS $TEMPLATES $APPDATA $PRINTHOOD
                                   $INTERNET_CACHE $COOKIES $HISTORY $PROFILE $ADMINTOOLS $RESOURCES
                                   $RESOURCES_LOCALIZED $CDBURN_AREA $HWNDPARENT $PLUGINSDIR
                                   $$ $\r $\n"/>

These are the NSIS variables. However I have one small problem. This right here.

$\"

The lexer will not load because of this variable. How do I fix it so the lexer will load and this variable is in the list?

sethjackson

Re: NSIS lexer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:18:02 am »
Woohoo I got it. :D

<!-- Variables -->
                        <Set index="1"
                            value="$0 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $R0 $R1 $R2 $R3 $R4 $R5 $R6 $R7
                                   $R8 $R9 $\t $\&quot; $\' $\` $VARNAME $0, $INSTDIR $OUTDIR $CMDLINE
                                   $LANGUAGE $PROGRAMFILES $COMMONFILES $DESKTOP $EXEDIR ${NSISDIR}
                                   $WINDIR $SYSDIR $TEMP $STARTMENU $SMPROGRAMS $SMSTARTUP
                                   $QUICKLAUNCH $DOCUMENTS $SENDTO $RECENT $FAVORITES $MUSIC
                                   $PICTURES $VIDEOS $NETHOOD $FONTS $TEMPLATES $APPDATA $PRINTHOOD
                                   $INTERNET_CACHE $COOKIES $HISTORY $PROFILE $ADMINTOOLS $RESOURCES
                                   $RESOURCES_LOCALIZED $CDBURN_AREA $HWNDPARENT $PLUGINSDIR
                                   $$ $\r $\n"/>

I used &quot; instead of ". DOH! I'm going to post the NSIS lexer to the tracker soon.

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:30:01 am »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:32:27 am »
a great job from our lexer expert once again.

Does anyone have a "SethLexer"  ?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:01:18 am »
a great job from our lexer expert once again.

Does anyone have a "SethLexer"  ?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, I'm writting one :lol:

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 05:57:22 pm »
 :lol: :lol:

BTW Takeshi do you have a FreeBasic lexer somewhere? Otherwise....  :lol:

NSIS lexer is in SVN HEAD now. Yay! :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:08:22 pm by sethjackson »

takeshimiya

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 10:46:11 pm »

BTW Takeshi do you have a FreeBasic lexer somewhere?
Yes, long ago.
But now I'm writting the SethLexer, which is better. :)

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 10:50:37 pm »
I can't wait for the SethLexer.  :lol: Umm are you going to submit the FreeBasic lexer to the tracker?

takeshimiya

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 10:51:59 pm »
I can't wait for the SethLexer.  :lol: Umm are you going to submit the FreeBasic lexer to the tracker?
Of course, I'm just thinking if it's better to merge with VB/VBScript/PowerBasic lexers or left each alone.

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »
Umm I think it would be better to have them seperate.....  :)

EDIT:

That is how SciTE does it.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 11:08:21 pm »
We should also change the key binding for "replace" to Ctrl-H and always open Code::Blocks in a unergonomic default size. That's what SciTE does, too.

Oh, and we should not show line numbers, no matter how often the user enables that option :lol:
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 11:11:14 pm »
We should also change the key binding for "replace" to Ctrl-H and always open Code::Blocks in a unergonomic default size. That's what SciTE does, too.

Oh, and we should not show line numbers, no matter how often the user enables that option :lol:

Not exactly what I meant...... Anyways I still think the *Basic lexers should be seperate.

takeshimiya

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 11:26:41 pm »
We should also change the key binding for "replace" to Ctrl-H and always open Code::Blocks in a unergonomic default size.
The keybindings are user-configurable, and the default size too. Don't blame for free.

I always have line numbers on in SciTE, it's also a setting. Don't blame for free.

Umm I think it would be better to have them seperate.....  :)
EDIT:
That is how SciTE does it.
AFAIK, no, it's the opposite. If you open the SciTE vb lexer, you'll find in the same file lexers for: VB, VBScript, and VB.NET, among others.

sethjackson

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 11:36:21 pm »
I meant FreeBasic is seperate from VB, which is seperate from BlitzBasic etc...... Yeah the VB stuff is combined. Who uses VB anyways?

takeshimiya

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 11:38:27 pm »
I meant FreeBasic is seperate from VB, which is seperate from BlitzBasic etc...... Yeah the VB stuff is combined. Who uses VB anyways?
Me not, but the other day, the autor of the FreeBasic IDE went here in the forum, so no language (nor editor) wars please.