Author Topic: Compile error in editorcolorset.h and make install problem (Bug #6654)  (Read 5245 times)

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
I want to build a new Fedora package and have two problems:
1. the current problem (revision 2112), when compiling BaseExporter.cpp:
Code
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../src/sdk -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -I../../../../src/sdk -I../../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../../../src/plugins/contrib/source_exporter/wxPdfDocument/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -O2 -ffast-math -m32 -march=i686 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -MT BaseExporter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/BaseExporter.Tpo -c BaseExporter.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BaseExporter.o
../../../../src/sdk/editorcolorset.h:39: error: 'wxSCI_KEYWORDSET_MAX' was not declared in this scope
../../../../src/sdk/editorcolorset.h:47: error: 'wxSCI_KEYWORDSET_MAX' was not declared in this scope
make[5]: *** [BaseExporter.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/codeblocks/src/plugins/contrib/source_exporter'

2. In revision 2089 and 2094 the plugins weren't installed, the icons/images were installed but the plugins directory wasn't even created. I don't know whether the problem still exist because it stopped before.
I forgot to save the build log, so I can't say whether the plugins were compiled (but there were no build errors) :oops:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:25:08 pm by daniel2000 »
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Compile error in editorcolorset.h and make install problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:12:33 pm »
Fixed.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:23:56 pm »
Fixed.
Thanks  :D

But point two is still there and now I have the log  :P (had to cut the leading "/", because Opera wanted to upload sth :? )
Code
make[5]: Entering directory usr/src/redhat/BUILD/codeblocks/src/plugins/astyle
test -z var/tmp/codeblocks-1.0-0.svn.2112-buildroot/usr/lib || mkdir -p -- var/tmp/codeblocks-1.0-0.svn.2112-buildroot/usr/lib
 bin/sh libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'libastyle.la' 'var/tmp/codeblocks-1.0-0.svn.2112-buildroot/usr/lib/libastyle.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install libastyle.la to a directory not ending in usr/share/codeblocks/plugins
make[5]: [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1 (ignored)
This error exists for every *.la which is normally installed to /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins, but are installed to /usr/lib/

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »
This error message means that you changed the "--prefix" argument in "configure" and you didn't clean the build.
Run "make clean-bin" once ;)

(Another useful command is "make clean-zipfiles" - it cleans the resource zips so they are recreated next time you run make).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:28:34 pm »
This error message means that you changed the "--prefix" argument in "configure" and you didn't clean the build.
I only ran configure once and make till the first error came, then I updated the repository (to solve the first error). The last thing I made was a make && make install. I took a look at the Makefile:
Code
libdir = $(pkgdatadir)/plugins
(...)
install-libLTLIBRARIES: $(lib_LTLIBRARIES)
        @$(NORMAL_INSTALL)
        test -z "$(libdir)" || $(mkdir_p) "$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)"
        @list='$(lib_LTLIBRARIES)'; for p in $$list; do \
          if test -f $$p; then \
            f=$(am__strip_dir) \
            echo " $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install $(libLTLIBRARIES_INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) '$$p' '$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$$f'"; \
            $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install $(libLTLIBRARIES_INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) "$$p" "$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$$f"; \
          else :; fi; \
        done
The libdir variable is correct, but changes to /usr/lib :shock:

(Another useful command is "make clean-zipfiles" - it cleans the resource zips so they are recreated next time you run make).
I'll give it a try :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:45:29 pm by daniel2000 »

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 11:14:19 am »

Now I checked out a fresh svn version (no update!) and I get the same error  :shock:

And now I know why:

The directory variable, which is used to define the install destination, is called libdir. And this is the problem, in linux is libdir /usr/lib. During rpm build "make install" has to redefine the destination paths, because it puts the files into a temporary file tree with a prefix in front of the real path names. make install defines libdir=var/tmp/codeblocks-1.0-0.svn.2133-buildroot/usr/lib (had to cut leading "/" again  :? ), so it will be overwritten.

Perhaps only rename the variable to something like pluginlibdir ?  :D

EDIT: I submitted Bug #6654 . I'm testing to patch it, but till now my patches don't work (have to look how autotools work)

EDIT2: I posted this problem in the right forum (SVN version Issues) http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2539.0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 03:57:25 pm by daniel2000 »